Noober Doober question R-25c to RC-62 II upgrade?

jonnyo

Hello All,

First time poster.  I have the R25-C and like it quite a bit but through the magic of cyber monday I can upgrade for a very reasonable price. 

My L-R is R15M.  My stereo is 80 watts/channel.  Room is around 200 sqft.

Does this upgrade make sense?  One concern is if I'd be throwing off the timbre matching of the front 3. 

From what I've read, both seem to use a similar tweeter, but it's not entirely clear if it's just the design or the driver itself.  Are the highs superior on RC-62 II? 

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Edited by jonnyo

38 minutes ago, jonnyo said:

Hello All,

First time poster.  I have the R25-C and like it quite a bit but through the magic of cyber monday I can upgrade for a very reasonable price. 

My L-R is R15M.  My stereo is 80 watts/channel.  Room is around 200 sqft.

Does this upgrade make sense?  One concern is if I'd be throwing off the timbre matching of the front 3. 

From what I've read, both seem to use a similar tweeter, but it's not entirely clear if it's just the design or the driver itself.  Are the highs superior on RC-62 II? 

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Yes it makes sense and is a worthy upgrade. What won't make sense (now) is the uncontrollable urge to upgrade the rest of your speakers once you have the new center. ;)

Welcome to the madness!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TasDom said:

Yes it makes sense and is a worthy upgrade. What won't make sense (now) is the uncontrollable urge to upgrade the rest of your speakers once you have the new center. ;)

Welcome to the madness!

Any opinions on the Jamo C10 Center?  I understand Jamo is owned by Klipsch (not that it necessarily matters).