WTB empty Heresy cabs - Found! No longer needed

jimjimbo

I'm not saying there aren't deals on AK  but finding those deals these days like I did 10+ years ago while living in DFW are pretty much nil to none.  I mean, how often will you find a pair of $10 Heresy's at Goodwill, or $75 for (3) Academy speakers, or $500 mint condition 1978 Klipschorn WO's from original owner including the original gallon of Watco Danish Oil he bought for them.  ha.  Or, a Pioneer SX-1980 for $10 or a Carver C-1, M-1.0t, TX-11stack for $10 at an "angry ex wife yard sale" along with a pair of $2 Polk Audio Monitor 10b's.  I could go on and on....

But, I'd much prefer buying from notable people on this fine forum and Audiokarma where I've been a member of each for over 10 years.  Definitely more trustworthy than your local area flippers.

Yea well those are ridiculous once in a lifetime type deals. I've gotten some decent deals like that myself off Craigslist. But not quite that level. There's still some deals to be found on Craigslist. You really have to be on top of it though. They go fast! It's just supply, and demand really. It's all the hipsters fault. If vintage wasn't "cool" you could most likely still get deals like that. We should start a rumor that some really uncool people are into vintage audio. Or maybe we need to start telling everyone that you can get cancer from vintage audio gear. Then maybe I too can get a pair of Klipschorns on the cheap like you did. :D