SUBWOOFER POSITIONING PROBLEM

Alex95

Hello to everyone. I have the follwing system:
Klipsch R115 SW
Klipsch R28 F x2 front
Klipsch R15M x2 side
Denon AVR x3300W
Samsung 49" tv 4K
My problem is that in some parts of my room the bass doesnt sound at all ( seriously , like is turn off) , but as i move in the back of my room it starts to sound very boomy and hard even if i change the direction it is facing !
In the yellow area is the part that the bass doesnt sound at all , when i move to the purple area the bass SUDDENLY HITS LIKE BANG! and in the red area is where the bass sounds the hardest !
ANY HELP ?

ethethtewh.png.badb1b8f85d93e0e897b38af8f23f740.png

16 minutes ago, RoboKlipsch said:

Google sub crawl and try it.  This is a common issue

Also try moving the sub forward from the corner to where your purple line begins and face it 1/4 turn from how it's placed now.  It will be more near field and most likely not as boomy.  You may have to play with the phase knob a bit.

Bill

30 minutes ago, RoboKlipsch said:

Google sub crawl and try it.  This is a common issue

This^^^^ if you're only going to have one sub.  That way at least the main listening position will sound right.  The room will have peaks and nulls, there's no way around it.  Multiples will help.

• Like 2

This is a classic case.

I agree with adding a second sub.  Solves coverage issues with least amount of compromise and facilitates true stereo.

I was never satisfied with single sub coverage in my systems and rooms over the years.  I always run stereo subs now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex95 said:

I have set to small only the side speakers ! Should i place the subwoofer next to my bed in the  left side?

All your speakers should be set to small.

Can you put the subwoofer behind your couch and give it a try?

4 hours ago, Alex95 said:

I have set to small only the side speakers ! Should i place the subwoofer next to my bed in the  left side?

Google "sub crawl".  It work and will save you time in moving it around the room.  RoboKlipsch gave you good advice.  If you don't want multiples then this is your next step.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:45 AM, mark1101 said:

This is a classic case.

I agree with adding a second sub.  Solves coverage issues with least amount of compromise and facilitates true stereo.

I was never satisfied with single sub coverage in my systems and rooms over the years.  I always run stereo subs now.

Hey Mark  :D

Are you still running a pair of KPT-684s?

You won't need a pair after you get a KPT-1802 in there  :)

Christmas is coming ya know??

Rog

HELLO GUYS AGAIN ! O bought today a Klipsch WA-2 and placed the subwoofer at the back of my room left from my bed where the bass was at its fullest and unfortunately i had no results. I think buying a second subwoofer can be risky . Maybe my room just doesnt suppoport it. The funny thing is that i've tried to place the subwoofer wirelesly EVERYWHERE in the room and in all cases it was not detectable at the main position i want it to be  ! !

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

HELLO GUYS AGAIN ! O bought today a Klipsch WA-2 and placed the subwoofer at the back of my room left from my bed where the bass was at its fullest and unfortunately i had no results. I think buying a second subwoofer can be risky . Maybe my room just doesnt suppoport it. The funny thing is that i've tried to place the subwoofer wirelesly EVERYWHERE in the room and in all cases it was not detectable at the main position i want it to be  ! !

ok you did everything right and found the very dead center of the room is a null.

we could spend a while discussing the theory but truth is dead center of a room often has this issue.

the couch itself is not absorbing it all

the waves are bouncing off the walls and cancelling!

move the couch forward or back to roughly 1/3rd from the front or back wall

do the crawl again it should be amazing and awesome when u find it

• Like 1

The sub crawl is an interesting idea.  Can't hurt, but moving the sub from one corner to the other on the same wall just flips the room as far as the sub is concerned. 

Move the sub to the open corner along the left wall and try that, or at least mid-wall along the straight, right wall.  Two, or 4 subs WILL work, better and give more even coverage.  I've done it.  Your couches are invisible to long bass waves; they are not an issue.  Placing 2 subs mid-wall is among the optimum solutions for even bass coverage. 

https://community.klipsch.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=127705

Subwoofers should not be elevated off the floor.  The floor and walls are boundaries that reflect sound back into the room and boost bass output, vital for high performance.

Ok . First of all have a nice day to all and thank you for cooperating with my problem. 

i 've made a picture with 6 occasions of different subwoofer positions in my room and the observations I,ve made with only my ears.
Let's say :
YELLOW: when i dont hear the bass
ORANGE: when the bass is decent
RED : when i felt my ears hurting 

24efrw4f1q4gtqrg.png