La Scala + Academy In The House

ka7niq

I just bought a pair of Black La Scala's and a Black Academy! The La Scala's are still in the truck, waiting on my neighbor to help me get them inside.

I brought the Klipsch Academy inside, and it is hooked up. Very Nice ! 

I have never owned La Scala's before, but have owned several pairs of Khorns, Cornwall's, Forte's, and CF 3  and CF 4's.

These LaScala's have the AL 3 crossovers, I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Congrats!  Just an FYI, my ears prefer the sound of the AA Crossovers.  If they don't sound as good as you think they should, try to find a pair of AA.  My friend got a pair and he and his wife both were wondering why they didn't sound like mine.  We swapped out his AL for AA and they now love them!  You may like the AL as they are.  I notice you use Crites.  On Bob's site, he has chosen not to make upgrade crossovers for the AL because he feels they are the "less desirable" crossovers. Now get those bad boy hooked up and of course, pics or it didn't happen.  LOL

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, billybob said:

Congrats on the purchase. Just knowing you will enjoy!:emotion-21:

Wow just noticed you have EV Sentry III's :emotion-21:

Not anymore, unfortunately :( 

Simply Speakers over in St Petersburg Florida screwed them up, big time. They LIED to me, said they had an original EV Recone kit for my woofers, so I told them to recone them.

They RUINED my babies, the recone changed my crossover point, and when I complained they said to simply use my equalizer. :(

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Congrats!  Just an FYI, my ears prefer the sound of the AA Crossovers.  If they don't sound as good as you think they should, try to find a pair of AA.  My friend got a pair and he and his wife both were wondering why they didn't sound like mine.  We swapped out his AL for AA and they now love them!  You may like the AL as they are.  I notice you use Crites.  On Bob's site, he has chosen not to make upgrade crossovers for the AL because he feels they are the "less desirable" crossovers. Now get those bad boy hooked up and of course, pics or it didn't happen.  LOL

Here is the advertisement https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/ele/d/klipsch-speakers/6402905199.html

LOL, all he has  left is the Klipsch 3.2's

I bought his LaScala's and Academy

I paid what some may consider "a lot of money", but a pair of Black La Scala's and Academy Center in Black do not come along everyday here in the Tampa Florida area. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ka7niq said:

Not anymore, unfortunately :( 

Simply Speakers over in St Petersburg Florida screwed them up, big time. They LIED to me, said they had an original EV Recone kit for my woofers, so I told them to recone them.

They RUINED my babies, the recone changed my crossover point, and when I complained they said to simply use my equalizer. :(

Dang, sorry to hear about that.  Nice local score on the LS and Academy! :emotion-21:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gnote said:

Kinda figured that's what happened :D

I took a few pics to make Youthman "Happy" :) 

Here is the Academy Center 

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.70d7078aa0745e886105597231f4c32b.jpg

And here are the LaScala's "riding Redneck style" in the back of my Pick Up, and yes, that is a tower and Ham Radio Antenna in the background

5a1dd999170c0_thumbnail(1).thumb.jpg.0b0482c11d3b706bbcdba066452e8fbf.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

I am pretty sure these are the AL 3 crossovers, but they are on their backs in my truck,  at this moment. You are very fortunate to have found a 3rd LaScala for a center! I will have to make do with this Academy.

I have an ONKY0 TX NR 809 up at Onkyo being repaired, I currently have a Pioneer Elite with the non digital amps hooked up, and my Son is giving me his Pioneer Elite receiver, with the D3 digital amps, that sounded so  good on some very efficient speakers I recently sold. He had the Anthem receiver, what  a disappointment. He sent it back to Crutchfield, and ordered that brand new Marantz.  LOL, I will get his old Pioneer, when the new Marantz arrives.

31 minutes ago, babadono said:

Hey billybob claims he carries those things by his dang self, so get busy:D

image.png.812f7377d1aee71be32c9d78549b2538.png

Yea, my neighbor is gonna come help me, when he gets done eating! I forgot, the LaScala's have  those funky wire connections, so much for my banana plug speaker cable. 

12 minutes ago, ka7niq said:

Yea, my neighbor is gonna come help me, when he gets done eating! I forgot, the LaScala's have  those funky wire connections, so much for my banana plug speaker cable. 

Remove nana plugs and screw’m down until / unless you go spades or spade to banana adapters

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USNRET said:

Remove nana plugs and screw’m down until / unless you go spades or spade to banana adapters

I have a spool of  14 gage electric fence wire I can make a pair of wires from. I kind of like to use it as speaker wire, because it comes already twisted. Not as tight a braid/twist as Kimber 8TC, but enough twist to get some RF Rejection, so when I am talking on my Ham Radio, I don't come blasting over the Stereo.