Pioneer Elite SC-LX501

wuzzzer

On 12/5/2017 at 3:58 PM, wuzzzer said:

Yep.  Plus the receiver is mint!  They always say there might be sight cosmetic blemishes but I have yet to buy a refurbished item like this that hasn't been in less than pristine condition.

Much of the time, refurbished is really new, they just call it refurb as an excuse to sell a new unit cheaper, so the dealers dont get pissed off

5 hours ago, ka7niq said:

Much of the time, refurbished is really new, they just call it refurb as an excuse to sell a new unit cheaper, so the dealers dont get pissed off

Mine does have a sticker on the back of the receiver and the box it came in saying it is a refurbished unit.  Doesn't bother me at all.  Liking it more and more every day.

I'm giving my Panasonic SA-XR57 to a friend next week.  He's excited to get it.  I think I'm also going to give him a pair of Yamaha bookshelf speakers that I used while I was working on my KG4s.  They actually sounded really good together.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, ka7niq said:
On 12/5/2017 at 2:58 PM, wuzzzer said:

Yep.  Plus the receiver is mint!  They always say there might be sight cosmetic blemishes but I have yet to buy a refurbished item like this that hasn't been in less than pristine condition.

That happens often, or they call it open box which has really never been opened.

As long as you get a warranty either way is fine.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just picked an SCLX501 up from Walt’s TV in AZ. Paid $480 shipped. I purchased the unit to replace a VSX23TXH that had fried HDMI ports due to a lighting strike over my coax line. The VSX23 was custom installed in a Middle Atlantic video rack that uses custom shelves for each component. I want to order a new faceplate for the 501 but Middle Atlantic only shows one for the 901. I have compared the specs (501/901) and other than depth the measurements look exact. Can anyone confirm this. I cannot source a 901 locally to be sure. The faceplate is roughly $100 and I really don’t want to chance it until I know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
On 12/23/2017 at 10:34 PM, wuzzzer said:

I'm giving my Panasonic SA-XR57 to a friend next week. 

That was a very nice thing to do. :emotion-21:

Well how is it sounding, I'm betting your liking it more than the Panasonic ?

1 hour ago, dtel said:

That was a very nice thing to do. :emotion-21:

Well how is it sounding, I'm betting your liking it more than the Panasonic ?

Yes, although the Panasonic certainly was no slouch especially for music.  The Pioneer is super for music and movies.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Glad your liking it, it's nice to know you got a good deal and a great warranty. I am really liking mine, it's much older but when it's time I will surely look at this brand again, and probably from the same place as you.

Fyi there was a firmware update released this month with improvements in audio quality for streaming audio like Pandora and Spotify.  Massive improvement.  Before there were odd pops and such that were really distracting.  Now everything is perfect and crystal clear.

Not sure if the update only applies to the SC-LX501 or higher models as well but just wanted to pass it along.

Fyi there was a firmware update released this month with improvements in audio quality for streaming audio like Pandora and Spotify.  Massive improvement.  Before there were odd pops and such that were really distracting.  Now everything is perfect and crystal clear.

Not sure if the update only applies to the SC-LX501 or higher models as well but just wanted to pass it along.

I've gotten a few receivers from accessories 4 less in the past, both my current units are from there and am considering a third. Problem is I can't decide which one. Never had a problem and get top notch at half the price or less. Really glad you are loving yours.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced an older “SC” model with this unit about 2 weeks ago. Although the sound quality is pretty good, these new units are nothing like the older Elite units. We have been installing custom home theatres for 30+ years. Pioneer used to be my go to unit for custom installations but after the Pioneer/Onkyo merger, this unit is more Onkyo than Pioneer. The rs232 protocols are quite unreliable when used with custom integrations. System reprogramming is a nightmare. I must say we were very disappointed.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, dannyfresh said:

I just picked an SCLX501 up from Walt’s TV in AZ. Paid $480 shipped. I purchased the unit to replace a VSX23TXH that had fried HDMI ports due to a lighting strike over my coax line. The VSX23 was custom installed in a Middle Atlantic video rack that uses custom shelves for each component. I want to order a new faceplate for the 501 but Middle Atlantic only shows one for the 901. I have compared the specs (501/901) and other than depth the measurements look exact. Can anyone confirm this. I cannot source a 901 locally to be sure. The faceplate is roughly $100 and I really don’t want to chance it until I know for sure.

Hope you have points of entry going through a decent surge protector now. Did not sell them to my customers but, referred them to the top brands, at the time. And of course, just install them for customers.

BTW, welcome to the forum.