Klipsch Icon XW-500D Subwoofer

CopperCone

Thanks to Chris in Klipsch customer service I was able to order a new bash 500 amp for my hard-to-replace XW-500D to replace a dead one after 10 years. Well worth the price and apparently Klipsch doesn't normally stock these amps any longer so I was lucky they had recently ordered a few due to recent demand. It's nearly impossible to find this sub used online as well. This powerful, tight, sealed sub is the best sub I've ever had for the price and diminutive size. Sounds at least as good as a much more expensive Velodyne DD-12 and nearly as good as my much much larger/hulking Velodyne DD-15. Can't say enough about how well this sealed sub equally performs for music and movies!!! Fills a 25x15 room nicely for me.  Klipsch - please make the XW-500D again!!!!

• Like 1

Actually, second this.

I haven't gotten to hear one of these things, but I can't find a single negative review on this sub, and the price point made it seem like it was a killer in its class.  Seems to me like a better bang for the buck than the Reference subwoofers.

7 hours ago, CopperCone said:

This powerful, tight, sealed sub is the best sub I've ever had for the price and diminutive size. Sounds at least as good as a much more expensive Velodyne DD-12 and nearly as good as my much much larger/hulking Velodyne DD-15. Can't say enough about how well this sealed sub equally performs for music and movies!!! Fills a 25x15 room nicely for me.  Klipsch - please make the XW-500D again!!!!

Funny you say this.  A well respected and missed(hiatus)forum member, @Groomlakearea51, once had an XW-300d sub in his "Wall of Voodoo" just to fill in below his Khorns(and all the other speakers) and believe me this tiny sub and it's 8" driver held it's own.  I was totally amazed how seamless it sounded.  

Glad you were able to keep your XW-500d alive and well.  I have the same opinion about my RSW-10d that you have about your XW.  A seriously hard hitting and tight and accurate sub.  If my RSW ever takes a dump, I will not hesitate to find a way to repair it before discarding it.

Bill

• 2 years later...

The amps are probably long gone but I would definitely reach out to Klipsch to check.

Otherwise, you could measure the amp and hop on partsexpress and order another replacement amp. 

That sub is probably 15 - 20 years old at this point so you will likely have to go aftermarket, to get it back up and running. 

Good luck!