FORTE III as a 2 WAY !!!!

Speedy6963

2 hours ago, garyrc said:

In the older Heritage, it was used out to 6K.  I believe I have seen graphs in which it goes beyond 10K, but not very well, and I seem to recall a glitch at about 9K. 

IMO, the K-77( orig, "M", "F" "D") sometimes gets the blame for what the K55 and K400/K401 are doing.

I think the change in crossover frequency from 6K to 4.5K, and the steep slope crossover are definite improvements.

The mid in the forte 3 was originally designed to play to 20khz (it was the tweeter in some of klipsch's cinema speakers) , none of the other heritage will ....

8 hours ago, ODS123 said:

The OP said in a previous post that the forte  was fatiguing - that it sounded too bright.   Perhaps it would've been helpful in understanding what he meant if he told us what recordings, volume level, and how long it took for the fatigue to set in.   Just wanting to know if he based these conclusions on music that was bright to begin with.   I have been a lot around a lot of live music in my life and a lot of live music is harsh sounding; Almost instantly fatiguing when heard from too close or too loud.   That music heard on an accurate hi-fi rig would also sound harsh and fatiguing 

when the tweeter is outputing over 5db more than the mid, that is bright !

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, garyrc said:

In the older Heritage, it was used out to 6K.  I believe I have seen graphs in which it goes beyond 10K, but not very well, and I seem to recall a glitch at about 9K. 

IMO, the K-77( orig, "M", "F" "D") sometimes gets the blame for what the K55 and K400/K401 are doing.

I think the change in crossover frequency from 6K to 4.5K, and the steep slope crossover are definite improvements.

Oh I was just messin. The LS2s are awesome as is.

Just now, Speedy6963 said:

You think I would fake measurements ???

Not at all, just curious if Klipsch has published their own measurements like they have done in the past. I would have to believe that they would have higher quality measuring devices and strict standards of measuring along with their "chamber" just curious how their own measuring would stack up against yours is all, not trying to offend. 

13 hours ago, garyrc said:

Some Stravinsky can be harsh, if you are sitting right in front of the brass (not Firebird, but Rite of Spring for a few moments @ fff). 

There's your harshness problem; Rite of Spring!  (my ears!  :lol:)

13 hours ago, garyrc said:

People are different; our extended family screened The Music Man at life-like (high) SPL for the musical passages.  I had it a little too loud at the very beginning; I turned it down right away, and apologized, saying something like, "those damn piccolos." 

My daughter said, "The piccolos were fine, it was the brass!"

Excellent example!  :emotion-21:

At my house, my wife simply doesn't like to listen to anything (usually TV) much over a whisper.  She can listen at ultra-low SPL because the RC-64 is so clear at any level.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Speedy6963 said:

when the tweeter is outputing over 5db more than the mid, that is bright !

Would be very curious to see how your measurements would compare with Klipsch's.  Are you sure there's is nothing about your room acoustics contributing to this?

5 hours ago, Speedy6963 said:

You think I would fake measurements ???

No one else is complaining, you are the first.

Your measurements only reflect what's going on in your room. From a designer's perspective -- you have a room problem. Your measurements tell us more about your room than they do the speaker -- which was tested ad-nauseum using an anechoic chamber. Those are the plots you need to see if you want to know what the loudspeaker is doing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deang said:

No one else is complaining, you are the first.

Your measurements only reflect what's going on in your room. From a designer's perspective -- you have a room problem. Your measurements tell us more about your room than they do the speaker -- which was tested ad-nauseum using an anechoic chamber. Those are the plots you need to see if you want to know what the loudspeaker is doing.

I am not the first,  maybe the first you have heard of, it is not the room, i have many other speakers none others do this.

It is the speaker, the tweeter was about 5db louder and I have fixed it.

6 minutes ago, Speedy6963 said:

I am not the first,  maybe the first you have heard of, it is not the room, i have many other speakers none others do this.

It is the speaker, the tweeter was about 5db louder and I have fixed it.

You put resistors in L pad on the tweeter, as we talked about on the other post?