Matt Lauer fired for inappropriate sexual behavior

wvu80

Matt Lauer was fired today for inappropriate sexual "behavior."  I'm not sure what that means, but apparently one woman came forward with a "credible" complaint.

Dude was making 28 million a year.  He should be OK.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Matt Lauer was fired today for inappropriate sexual "behavior."  I'm not sure what that means, but apparently one woman came forward with a "credible" complaint.

Dude was making 28 million a year.  He should be OK.

What about those that have multiple allegations that are our elected officials and those that want to be? I gather you think if a person has money and in the private sector then it's "OK". Btw, this isn't a personal attack just a comment on  your observation. :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

Btw, I am not sure what the 'topic' is supposed to be but I think there should be dialog on issues women seem upset about because a good majority of it is legitimate, whereas some things are changing with the times....

Thank you for that observation.  Any time a long-time and popular TV host is fired for sexual behavior, it is news.  I was shocked to see it, so I started a thread.

I would certainly think commentary and condemnation of any and all sexual predators is within posting guidelines.  However if this takes a turn to political commentary I have asked the thread be shut down immediately.  It's a fine line but I think we can handle it.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

That is Bullshit! The whole country is talking about folks that are ALOT more pertinent than Matt Lauer and bringing this up on the forum without allowing rebuttal doesn't seem appropriate to me. :emotion-44:

I’m not opposed to rebuttal.  Come on guys, I’ve had a few rough weeks. Please cut me some slack here. 

I was a victim of of sexual molestation at an early age. It’s difficult for me to remain unbiased in this situation. I’m asking other mods to step in and moderate this discussion. @Youthman, @CECAA850, @Mallette @dwilawyer

12 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I gather you think if a person has money and in the private sector then it's "OK".

You gather wrong.  I didn't say that at all and I don't believe that, not for one second.

The bigger point I do believe is that politicians, celebrities and people with money have gotten a pass on predatory sexual impositions in the past.  I am more than happy to see that kind of behavior brought to the forefront and the offenders publicly pilloried.

Hopefully that will help prevent other women from having to suffer that kind of humiliation and anguish in the future.

• Like 1

I am a male nurse and I work with mostly women every day. Female nurses, especially older ones, call me Hon all damned day long. I had to have a meeting with my manager because a 20 year older female that didn't like me said I sexually harassed her by calling her "Hon" I wouldn't go out on a date with that ugly B on a $10,000 bad bet! So excuse me if I don't always jump on the bandwagon and take what woman say as gospel! Now when there is video evidence like with a recent Vice President, string them up by their genitals!

Roger

• Like 1