GBShade684

Hello Dave........You rang...lol

OP, if you are serious about a lasting processor you may want to check out the following equipment:

Emotiva XMC-1 

https://emotiva.com/product/xmc-1/ 

and the XPA-11

https://emotiva.com/product/xpa-11-gen3/

That processor has rave reviews and includes Dirac which to my knowledge is the top of the line signal processing found only on very high end AVR's and processors. With everything they include with that processor I think you can assure yourself that you won't need to upgrade again. I believe it now includes the Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. Pairing this processor together with an Emotiva XPA-11. That will sufficiently power all of your speakers with dedicated and pretty sophisticated power.

Personally I own the Emotiva Gen 1 and 2 amps and have nothing but good things to say about them. They punch above their weight class and won't take up your entire budget. Sounds like Emotiva is making that processor future proof with everything you can imagine plus an upgradability second to none. You can build and customize your amp according to your needs. If you want more power for the ceiling, height or surround speakers their new modular amp system can do that too. Plus you have 30 days to listen in home with no obligation to buy. Kind of hard to compete with that. 

I use the older Sherbourn PT line of Processors and AVR's and I am really enjoying them. I have Emotiva power amps in pretty much every room of my house and I think they compare favorably to any amps costing 1 1/2 to 2 times as much. I honestly couldn't hear a difference in power, clarity or headroom going head to head with my buddy's Bryston amps which cost four times as much. The Bryston comes with an unprecedented 20 yr warranty so it is not exactly apples to apples.

Please let me know if you need assistance with anything. What you don't need is big *** speakers that draw a wad of power that end up pooping out on you like a lot of AVR's will. There is no replacement for headroom. I kicked my Yamaha RX-V 2700 to the curb after my first listen to a set of separates and so far the only receiver I have found that can hang is the now extinct Sherbourn SR-120. When I got anywhere near reference level listening in my theater room the Yamaha seems to sound tinny and the bottom end thinned out. The highs got harsh and the lows even with a sub sounded underwhelming. Do yourself a big favor, plan for the future and pack it with as much power as you can.

Tim

• Like 3