Not Garrison Keillor too. Fired.

Shiva

---- I guess his Prairie Home is Companion-less?!?

And because I got before Another lock I have a question, seriously.

I Think I know which comment got the Matt L thread lock but I'm not positive. How about the final and defining locking comment(s)  be identified so we can use these examples in the future. And no, I'm not kidding---

3 hours ago, richieb said:

---- I guess his Prairie Home is Companion-less?!?

And because I got before Another lock I have a question, seriously.

I Think I know which comment got the Matt L thread lock but I'm not positive. How about the final and defining locking comment(s)  be identified so we can use these examples in the future. And no, I'm not kidding---

The last quote referenced Bill Clinton.  It wasn't hard to see where it was going.

I am totally for someone who has been wronged seeking and getting justice. I think that the floodgate is open due to the ones who were wronged don't feel so alone. And, there are the ambulance chasers who do whatever it takes to get money in their pockets.

If all that Keillor did is what was in the link, I hope that he fights it, wins and brings a lawsuit for wrongful firing and defamation. 

On the flip side of the ones who were genuinely inappropriately touched, harassed, coerced and raped by the likes of people such as Cosby    :Puke:  , there are the ones who who didn't get a raise, promotion and such because they didn't fit the bill. They are victims too. IMHO. 

Also, was headed in the wrong direction, it can and should be avoided.  

23 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- what I thought--- Thks 

Awww, gee, and I thought it was me....how disappointing.....

However, I'm still confused.   Mention an entertainers name with regard to alleged inappropriate behaviour, and the thread remains open.' Mention a politicians name, or refer to a politician with regard to alleged inappropriate behaviour, and the thread is locked?  We're not talking tax reform, or immigration, or Navajo Code Talkers.  We are talking about people who are the supposed leaders of this country, and yet it's OK to discuss those who offer up fluffy bullshit for consumption on the Today Show.....?

• Like 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Doesn't seem like you're confused after all.

Carl, that's just a bs answer.

If you allow discussion about those outside of politics, then you should be prepared to allow discussion about those inside of politics, it's that simple.

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Awww, gee, and I thought it was me....how disappointing.....

However, I'm still confused.   Mention an entertainers name with regard to alleged inappropriate behaviour, and the thread remains open.' Mention a politicians name, or refer to a politician with regard to alleged inappropriate behaviour, and the thread is locked?  We're not talking tax reform, or immigration, or Navajo Code Talkers.  We are talking about people who are the supposed leaders of this country, and yet it's OK to discuss those who offer up fluffy bullshit for consumption on the Today Show.....?

Yep.

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yep, because she spells her name with a G and you misspelled her name.

So noted, thanks

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Not only that, it was an affair and not harassment.

The topic is about people in power abusing that power and making people look like trailer trash who speak out. 

6 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

So noted, thanks

The topic is about people in power abusing that power and making people look like trailer trash who speak out. 

I don't think it was.  Read the first post.  Casper the friendly ghost meets controlling personality said nothing about that.  Then read his next post where he covers his ***, disingenuously saying it does not have to go political, as if the thread itself wasn't inevitably going to go there.