Not Garrison Keillor too. Fired.

Shiva

I do wonder / worry about how many are not victims of any serious violations or even being violated. The ones who commit crimes against juveniles, people who use their power to coerce someone into sexual acts and the Cosby types are different than the ones who try to 'put a move' on someone who they are interested in.  

It won't take but a couple of ambulance chasers and actresses making it look like this is an act of opportunists. 

8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

People have trouble distinguishing the politician from the person so talking about a person who is a politician starts the political debate.  It's naïve to think it won't happen.

I think the problem lies in thinking that elected officials are just politicians and folks don't realize the ramifications of their collective decisions in the government body or any important elected figures impact on our citizens or our country....

Insofar as what is trying to be discussed here and in the locked thread--Who knows? I for one thought these topics were important during the last Presidential election and evidently with the outcome folks at Klipsch started to get nervous. Words do matter and if an adult feels comfortable talking about sexual infidelity, unwanted sexual advances, or out and out crimes against women, it's hard to imagine why ANY of these topics get started in a 'speaker forum.'

Btw, I have been here for over 15 years and understand "political" discussions aren't allowed but for the life of me talking about athletes and entertainers seems about as sophomoric as you can get once you realize there are more important things in life. That said, I'm about to leave work and go home and plug in some Talking Heads on my most excellent  Klipsch Home Theater!  :emotion-22:

45 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I do wonder / worry about how many are not victims of any serious violations or even being violated. The ones who commit crimes against juveniles, people who use their power to coerce someone into sexual acts and the Cosby types are different than the ones who try to 'put a move' on someone who they are interested in.  

It won't take but a couple of ambulance chasers and actresses making it look like this is an act of opportunists. 

Sure, you can wonder the same thing about a lot of scenarios.  But then what do you do when you have a tape recording of someone that actually admits committing these acts? Do you ignore it, or do you do something about it? 

47 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

It's already started. I saw a report of a women posing as a person who was raped by a politician and forced to have an abortion---Came to find out she was working for a political organization who spends their time trying to set up folks whose politics they don't agree with...That said, I agree with you that there is a vast amount of gray area which is ripe for exploiting. 

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Sure, you can wonder the same thing about a lot of scenarios.  But then what do you do when you have a tape recording of someone that actually admits committing these acts? Do you ignore it, or do you do something about it? 

Don't get me started....After all, this is a Speaker Forum. ;) 

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

You ignore it and move on to more important issues. Like the debt.

• Like 2

Not sure how I've  missed this...

Oh sure, Adolf Hitler is discussed quite regularly on a daily basis. His cute mustache, his hot girlfriend, his bunker, his social media accounts. Along with the types of food he enjoyed, and whether he preferred French Bordeaux wine over German Riesling.