KP262's and 260's for sale

Dave A

The KP-260 will go down to 50HZ and up to 15KHZ according to specs. The crossovers were rebuilt by Crites and there are new Eminence woofers in there. To darned hard to find K-42-KP woofers or even get them reconed at any reasonable price so eminence it was. Duratex coated.  These sound pretty darned good and are in very good shape now. I have two pairs and they are $500 per.  Personally I prefer these over the KP-262's

KP-262's which have been talked about  in various places in the forums before. See attachment for specs. These have the crossovers rebuilt  and recoated with duratex and are in very good cosmetic and aural condition. They do not have grilles and came from a church where they were flown. These are $475 per pair and I have two pairs.

If there is interest I will post pictures. Did not today because I have to get my camera back before I can do so.

KP-262.pdf

I have had to go the Eminence route on some of my speakers but they were never the same exact size as the cast aluminum frame K-42-KP's were. I think they are proprietary manufactured for Klipsch to be different than any of the for sale to the public speakers. Sales reps at USSpeaker and Partsexpress do not have anything with the same exact physical dimensions. I have a collection of bad KP-42-KP's going looking for a good re-coner.

• 5 weeks later...

KP-260's are gone. These KP-262's are now $400 per pair. They have the 2" Ti mid driver. These are nice and you can fly them. Next step will be parting them out which I hope not to do. Rescue these from the evil Dr Speakenstein who is getting ready to chop me up and use my body parts elsewhere.

I would not rule anything out but I have no idea how to go about doing this nor a cost. At some point in time when the hassle of selling becomes to great I simply sell body parts and move on because this was supposed to be a fun hobby and not a PITA. What do you propose? You do realize that for better or worse once they leave my door no refunds?

All my speaker sales but one have been with a person who comes here to listen first. Sound is subjective and what I like you may not. A person who comes here can also get a Paypal refund on the spot because the speakers have never left and I know they are in the same condition as they were before the potential customer showed up. I have never had anyone leave without speakers (with the exception of a Forte tire kicker who just could not bear to pay $600. He wanted to hear them anyway and I said sure)  and they all have paid the agreed upon ahead of time price. I know this is more information than you asked for but I want you to know why I lean 95% towards no.

I don't know what resources you have to search though but here is a suggestion. There is an older variation of the KP-250's that has a K-42-K woofer and not a K-42-KP. They are really musical and I have seriously thought about trying to make a mini Chorus I with them. As they are with updated crossovers they remind me of Fortes and yield sound far better than any small box has a right to. I would use these in a heart beat over the KP-262's.

• Like 1