KHorns in SLC

billybobg

5 hours ago, Schu said:

Of course no response... wernt these up for sale before?

I'll check my notes.  If it came across my radar I would have notated it.

+++

EDIT:  I found a pair $2200 in SLC 5/18/17, FS on ksl.com.  All I have is "light wood" they were certainly not the Rosewood.

There was a Rosewood pair in 2/12/17 Phoenix for $2999, I have them listed as "not yet sold."

+++

I show the average selling price for Khorns with Type AA xo's at $2077.  I sold my 1979 Khorns in Black Ash for $2600.  That Rosewood is a premium veneer and very rare.

Good luck going for these!  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

I'm confused billybob and billybobg...

man those are some nice klipschorns....in Utah....

Yeah, sometimes I feel guilty like I'm treading on billybob's moniker, but I've had billybobg for a long time.  At least our profile pics are not even close. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Schu said:

Still no contact...

This may sound silly, but when I was selling my Khorns I wasn't happy about it.  We'll be polite here and simply say "it wasn't my idea."

I admit when I put them on CL I wasn't quick to check my email afterwards, sometimes for days.  I knew what the outcome would be, so I dragged my feet in a passive aggressive manner with which I was familiar.  After a few days I would reluctantly check my email, and sure enough, there were people interested.  One nice gentleman came from Michigan to West Virginia and picked up his new speakers.

What I'm trying to say is even though there has been no response I can understand why a Seller might not be so quick to pick up the phone.  Be a little patient Shu, and know we are all rooting for you to grab that super sweet looking set of Khorns.

• Like 1

That makes perfect sense... to be honest I was moving in another direction speaker wise, but rosewood horn are very alluring at a good price.

There appears to be some grill issues also in those pictures, but that isn't necessarily a deal breaker.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Schu said:

to be honest I was moving in another direction speaker wise, but rosewood horn are very alluring at a good price.

There are very few veneers that are "value added" to the average selling price of Khorns but that Rosewood is definitely one of them.

I hope that Seller picks up the phone.  B)