Klipsch / Kibo ordering problems

cmarz

As a first-time Klipsch customer, I have to say... the experience been a huge letdown so far. I'm posting this as constructive criticism for the Klipsch crew that handles the online shopping experience. The Klipsch site itself is very well done and has been enjoyable to browse around and consider options for purchase, looking at specs, etc. The problems began when I actually added things to my cart and went through the checkout. My transaction happened during the big Thanksgiving sale and I ordered a pair of speakers and a subwoofer. Both items were on sale with the subwoofer being a substantial savings of around 50% off, plus an extra 10% for signing up on the mail list. The shopping cart told me I could choose free ground shipping but that it might mean items being shipped separately. Ok, fine, no problem. Then it got weird... I was given two order numbers and two totals. Luckily I printed the resulting webpage invoice to document it. After that, I received an email confirming only one of the order numbers, for the speakers (which by the way, said I had only ordered a "speaker"). So immediately, I had gone from a pair of speakers and subwoofer to just a "speaker". My credit card showed that the pair of speakers (not the total order) was billed to my card. I was concerned something wasn't right. I looked at my order confirmation email, which instructed me to log in to a website to manage my order, and it wasn't the Klipsch site, it was "shopatron.com" which somehow ended up being Kibo. Anyway, I went through this system to contact the order fulfillment service, Kibo, through their helpdesk process. It took them THREE DAYS to get back to me. During these three days I received notice that the "speaker" had shipped and when I looked at my "account" management page. I checked the shipping weight and was able to determine that it's probably a pair of speakers. Kibo closed my support ticket and told me to re-order the subwoofer and gave me a code to get 10% off. This is terrible, considering the subwoofer was on sale for $224 and is now $449! I called the Klipsch order support number and explained the situation and they told me they couldn't help me, and that I'd need to call Klipsch (isn't that what I just did?). They gave me another number, which I called and got a recording saying their phone system is down for maintenance, and should be back up on the following business day. It's Friday, so that probably means I won't get to speak with them until Monday... 10 days after placing my order. If it even gets processed on Monday, it will likely be another two weeks before the product shows up.

So, my advice to Klipsch is to fix the bugs in the shopping cart to keep a customer's order intact. Advise them that once the transaction is completed, they will be handed off to another company or companies (shopatron and Kibo) and provide a number to talk with someone if something goes wrong. In my order confirmation email, there was no phone number listed for support. Only a link to a "help center" (Kibo website). When I didn't have any luck finding a phone number, the first thing I did was go to the "support" page of Klipsch, and was disappointed there was no number listed that I could call. (I later found it under "About  / Company / Contact"). I'd also get Kibo to respond within 24 hours. Three days is unacceptable.

• Like 1

Very similar experience.  I had ordered 2 floor standing speakers and a subwoofer on 11/28 and received conformation for both.  After no status updates and reading your message, I checked my order and now only the floor standing speakers are there.  My card was only charged for the speakers.  they have not shipped yet.  I tried the support email on the 3rd party processing website and received the following:

Your message to support@shopatron.com couldn't be delivered.

support wasn't found at shopatron.com.

I also had a center speaker and 2 surrounds in the cart at the sale price but when I tried to check out the price kept changing to the non-sale price so I gave up on that. 

Very buggy and glitchy ordering website. 

I want the "system" not just the speakers and just want to cancel everything now but I can not get a hold of a human.

Please either accept and honor the entire order or cancel the entire order.

Edited by MattC

I'm dealing with the same issue on an order placed last Monday, 11/27/17.   My order also included the half price R-12SW sub.  The online order software divided my order into two parts--this happened at the "place order" page when checking out.  Basically my five surrounds in one group under the heading " Klipsch"--this group was priced and totaled.  Directly under that was the subwoofer under the heading "Klipsch Manufacturer Ship."  What's that mean?  (The sub was priced and totaled separately also.)  Nowhere on the Klipsch online catalog page does it indicate the sub was out of stock or on backorder.  No mention on the cart page, not on the place order page, not on the order confirmation, nor on any of the emails addressing only the surround speaker part of the order.  When I placed the order the order generated two order numbers: one for the surrounds, one for the sub.  The surrounds order was confirmed by email right away and was shipped on 11/29 to arrive today!  The order for the subwoofer just disappeared.   After no word about the sub order, on Wednesday  I called Klipsch customer service using the phone number from the website.  I gave the phone rep the order number covering the sub part of the order and she didn't show that order number and said she was unable to help.  I asked for a supervisor who might know what I should do.  The rep went away for several seconds and came back to say she would fill out a customer service request, and someone would call or email me.  Hasn't happened yet as of today, Monday 12/4.  On Friday 12/1 I called Klipsch's "secret" customer service number and got "maintenance" message.  Late this morning I tried again and got a "we are in a short team meeting" message.  I didn't get a chance to call back--I will try again tomorrow.  I'm hopeful the "Klipsch Manufacturer Ship" heading on the subwoofer part of the order  means something.  So far nobody seems to know what.

I also feel like cmarz.  I have part of a surround system.  I'm pretty sure I'm never going to pay full price for the R-12SW sub because of someone else's mistake.  Puts me in a position I don't like.        

Since there's so much confusion / aggravation with no other responses after several days, I'll just explain a few things since everybody realizes what system is being used anyway. 

First of all if anybody wants their order to stay together, this is actually an option during checkout but you have to specifically choose it.  I would always recommend this myself but you may get it faster if you don't.  The issue is that the orders are farmed out to smaller dealers such as myself and we can choose what we want to ship, the system determines who gets it based on location and stock.  In an ideal world if somebody an hour from me orders two kinds of speakers, if I have one in stock and another place an hour in the other direction has the other, the order will get split, and everybody's happy, that's why this is possible.  

What's probably messing things up is a massive backlog of backorders.  I'm going through orders right now and so much of what's been ordered I am out of and can't get more for quite awhile, so I can't touch it.  If nobody requests it, it just sits there.  That's probably what some of you are seeing but I can't tell.  Just hang tight for now, if somebody picks it up they'll contact you and send tracking.  

• Administrators

Hi there,

First of all, I'd like to apologize to those who have posted here, detailing the problems you've had with your recent klipsch.com orders. 

We are fully committed to improving our e-commerce experience, and we are in the middle of actively addressing these types of issues to prevent them from happening again.  I've also passed this thread along to others in our organization for visibility. This is something we take very seriously, and improvements will be made.

Thank you for taking the time to post about your order problems. We will post updates related to the improvements we are making soon.

-- Chad Wells, Klipsch Web Developer.

• Like 1

I am a longtime Klipsch Owner and Supporter. I recently moved and had to give up on my Klipsch wired surround system and decided to go with the Klipsch RSB-11 that I ordered on 11/23 and it was shipped on 11/25. I also ordered an RW-1 wireless speaker. I got an e-mail last night showing that if you purchase an RW-1 between 12-1 to 12-15 that you can get one Free with the purchase. So Buy One-Get One. I contacted Kibo at the Toll Free Number and was told that my order didn't qualify for the BOGO Free deal. I told Kibo that if I had made my purchase at a Klipsch Authorized Retailer such as Best Buy that I would have 30 Days to return my purchase for a Full Refund or that I could expect to get the newer offer of BOGO Free. The person from Kibo was very unsympathetic and cold as in Bah Humbug. Klipsch on their web site states that: If you are not completely satisfied with a product, return it for a full refund. Return it with an RMA , which you can generate from the "My Account" section, within 30 days of the shipping date on your packing list. Klipsch on their website states in many places that they want their Customers to be Happy with their purchases. I am not happy with the way I am being treated by Kibo and I expected Better from Klipsch. If I had known that this is the way my purchase would be treated, I would have gone to Best Buy so that I could return my purchase if a Sale that is currently ongoing wouldn't be Honored. I ordered the RSB-11 and RW-1 only 12 days ago, I am not anywhere near the 30 Day Guarantee point. I need some HELP from Klipsch on this issue...Is anyone listening???

• Administrators
10 hours ago, jsam1951 said:

I am a longtime Klipsch Owner and Supporter. I recently moved and had to give up on my Klipsch wired surround system and decided to go with the Klipsch RSB-11 that I ordered on 11/23 and it was shipped on 11/25. I also ordered an RW-1 wireless speaker. I got an e-mail last night showing that if you purchase an RW-1 between 12-1 to 12-15 that you can get one Free with the purchase. So Buy One-Get One. I contacted Kibo at the Toll Free Number and was told that my order didn't qualify for the BOGO Free deal. I told Kibo that if I had made my purchase at a Klipsch Authorized Retailer such as Best Buy that I would have 30 Days to return my purchase for a Full Refund or that I could expect to get the newer offer of BOGO Free. The person from Kibo was very unsympathetic and cold as in Bah Humbug. Klipsch on their web site states that: If you are not completely satisfied with a product, return it for a full refund. Return it with an RMA , which you can generate from the "My Account" section, within 30 days of the shipping date on your packing list. Klipsch on their website states in many places that they want their Customers to be Happy with their purchases. I am not happy with the way I am being treated by Kibo and I expected Better from Klipsch. If I had known that this is the way my purchase would be treated, I would have gone to Best Buy so that I could return my purchase if a Sale that is currently ongoing wouldn't be Honored. I ordered the RSB-11 and RW-1 only 12 days ago, I am not anywhere near the 30 Day Guarantee point. I need some HELP from Klipsch on this issue...Is anyone listening???

Hi,

Yes we are listening, and I suggest submitting a ticket at support.klipschgroupinc.com - we'll do our best to help you out with this!

That goes for anyone else having trouble with their recent orders. Please be sure to submit a ticket so we can have a history of these problems and solutions.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Just wanted to mention another issue that popped up with the online ordering system. I saw that the Gate was on Sale for one day only from 12/5 to 12/6. I was considering purchasing this item. I finally made the decision to pull the trigger and buy the Gate On Sale for $99. instead of the normal $179. It is 8:49 pm on the 6th of December and I just went to the klipsch.com website and it has already been taken off the Sale Price Offering and put back to the $179. price. I thought that a one day sale from 12/5 to 12/6 actually meant that the Sale would expire at midnight on the 6th of December but I guess not. Having trouble understanding how the online purchasing works.Any guidance from Klipsch would be helpful.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, jsam1951 said:

Just wanted to mention another issue that popped up with the online ordering system. I saw that the Gate was on Sale for one day only from 12/5 to 12/6. I was considering purchasing this item. I finally made the decision to pull the trigger and buy the Gate On Sale for $99. instead of the normal $179. It is 8:49 pm on the 6th of December and I just went to the klipsch.com website and it has already been taken off the Sale Price Offering and put back to the $179. price. I thought that a one day sale from 12/5 to 12/6 actually meant that the Sale would expire at midnight on the 6th of December but I guess not. Having trouble understanding how the online purchasing works.Any guidance from Klipsch would be helpful.

Hi,

Please submit a ticket at support.klipschgroupinc.com so our customer support team can assist you with this. I've also made a note of this particular issue.

Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chad said:

Chad,

I just submitted a ticket for the Gate Ordering issue as well as my 1st issue with my order dated 11/23 for the RW-1 and the current offer of BOGO Free issue. I hope that your team at headquarters are able to help me with these issues. I want to believe in Klipsch themselves as much as I believe in your products.

Thank You...

• 2 weeks later...

@Chad

My wife orders a t shirt for me on Dec 5th as a Christmas present.  She received a confirmation number for the order.  Since that time she has been unable to get any further information on the order.  She's made multiple calls to Klipsch and Corporate Imaging Inc.  They keep pointing the finger at each other and telling her to call the other party.  I need to know who I can call to help her straighten this out.  She's pretty much fed up with the whole ordeal and ready for me to assume the battle.

17 minutes ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

Tell that to CEC and his wife ----

It really takes a lot to piss her off and they've succeeded in doing so.  She ranted for about 10 minutes in reliving her various calls.  She figured that 3 weeks before Christmas plenty of time to receive the shirt but we're no closer to having it now than when she ordered it.

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Spending money really shouldn't be this hard.

And as you know, in most cases it isn't. KGI/Vox is big enough to have online ordering well sorted. Seems to need much needed refinement. Good luck - and tell your lovely wife Merry Christmas. I do have a couple "like new" Klipsch shirts I can offer up ? With guaranteed delivery!! 

55 minutes ago, richieb said:

And as you know, in most cases it isn't. KGI/Vox is big enough to have online ordering well sorted. Seems to need much needed refinement. Good luck - and tell your lovely wife Merry Christmas. 

Thanks.  She said Klipsch had her call C.I.I. She told them her story and they'd ask what company she worked for.  She said I just told you I'm an individual and Klipsch told me to call you.  They said to call Klipsch back so she did.  Klipsch told her that they don't print the shirts and to call C.I.I. back.  This went on for about 4 calls and she gave up.  All the time she'd give them the order confirmation number which they could see.