The Three/R-15PM and Amazon Echo

brianl

Hello

I'm considering either The Three or the R15PM for connecting to an Amazon Echo Dot. 

I'm reading some comments that say that they go into standby after a period of inactivity and you need to power them on again.

If this is the case, then they aren't ideal for use with an Echo.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

I currently have 2 of "The Three's"  hooked up to Echo Dots with no issues with them entering into standby.  Placed them in an "Everywhere" group on my Amazon account.  They are performing flawlessly when I ask Alexa to play my playlist(s), either locally or everywhere in the house.  My "Everywhere" group includes a couple of Echo's as well.  No issues to speak of.

• 3 months later...
On 12/19/2017 at 9:28 AM, HOOFNIT said:

I currently have 2 of "The Three's"  hooked up to Echo Dots with no issues with them entering into standby.  Placed them in an "Everywhere" group on my Amazon account.  They are performing flawlessly when I ask Alexa to play my playlist(s), either locally or everywhere in the house.  My "Everywhere" group includes a couple of Echo's as well.  No issues to speak of.

Hi Hoofnit - (Or anyone who can help) - 

I have "The Three" and a few Echo devices. I can get The Three to play networked music using the Echo to control just tha "Speaker Group" that I assign it, but cannot add it to my "Everywhere" group. Do you have to use the Klipsch App to find the Amazon Echo devices? Mine cannot recognize any, even though I'm on the same network as the Echos. Any help you could provide would be fantastic. Thank you!