Rock Speakers for Backyard

JasonRhodes

Hi Guys, 

I am not sure if this is in the right discussion section or whatever but I want to ask about Klipsch so let's hope I get an answer.

I was looking for some rock speakers that will provide me with some good sound outside and I saw these Klipsch AWR-650-SM rock speakers. I was wondering how much sound coverage they will provide? I feel like this question is a bit tough but if I wanted to cover at least 1200 sq ft with audible background music, how many of these speakers would I need to place around the area? 

If anybody has some of these or maybe just any rock speakers, if you could just give me an idea of how loud they are, that'd be really helpful.

Let me know if I am omitting any important details.

Thanks in advance. 

The article mentions a sensitivity rating of 95 dB which is significantly higher than any of the other speakers on the list.  Basically what that means is the Klipsch speakers will play two to three times louder than the others with the same amount of watts given to them.

I think four of the speakers would provide very adequate sound coverage.

I bought one of these speakers for my Mom and Dad to put in their screened in porch a few years back.

Their screened in porch is quite large (840sq ft) and is fully screened (no windows or glass sliders) on 3 sides.

I did some testing to see how much coverage we could get in the yard so Mom could listen to music while outside as well.

The results were surprising as we could get audible sound at moderate levels (about 30% volume) from 1 speaker. (The only real issue was that is was a bit loud if you were in the porch)

I'm thinking, if strategically placed, you could probably start with two and expand from there if needed.

Thanks

JJ

• Like 2

• Moderators

^^I think you're right, I heard them in Indy years ago and a couple would cover a good size area. One would probably do for that size but like you said, it would be loud anywhere near it, 2-3 spread out would give a nice sound without being too loud in any one spot.