Baseline Settings for Pioneer Elite D3 MCACC Pro

Quiet_Hollow

4 hours ago, Schu said:

I've been playing music with "extended surround sound" and it sounds quite good with a 5.1 setup.

I agree, and often use this either for game day or when falling to sleep to ambient sounds/music. It envelopes the room

4 hours ago, Schu said:

I am not sure how it determines what frequencies go to which of the five speakers from a 2 channel recording, but it sounds "nearly" like a true 5.1 studio remix.

It's mirrored stereo, no center, equal SPL, no convolution applied, subwoofer active. Gets the most power into the room utilizing all attached speakers. In older surround receivers, it was known as "Party Mode". Similar in function to distributed audio.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ka7niq said:

You MUST use one of those modes on my SC 87

If all that's available at the time is those four, then by all means stick with Auto Surround. It'll detect the the 2-ch signal and stay in stereo.

The only "issue" with that mode for those of us with extra speakers attached is that it keeps the center and surrounds amps idling. Selecting stereo by cycling through the surround modes will shut off all the other amps not associated with that activity. The bus relays then switch off, which is what I prefer strictly for 2 ch.

We've both got the same unit BTY. The menu may be more limited in part by the use of 2.1 vs. 5.1, bi-amping or not , etc...

Referencing Section 6, pages 65-66 in the operators manual.

• Like 1