forte III lambswool grill fabric

John Chi-town

For those who want to put whatever they want on their loudspeakers great do what you want I totally understand.

For those who want the best possible sound stay away from any natural fibers and use synthetic fabrics made with mono fibers which are smooth and round and the fabric sheer as they will result in the best possible sound. Natural fibers like wool are the worst possible choice for sound quality. Not looking to get into an argument here pick what you like for the reasons which are important to you and be happy. I simply wanted to make this point clear for those who are chasing perfection and most of those guys don't use a grill at all. Regards moray james.

• Like 1

• Moderators

4 hours ago, Deang said:

Is Roy "old school"? :-)

Well he is old.

7 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

Does anyone happen to know, or will Klipsch provide the source of this material?

Lamb's 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So I called Duracrest Fabrics a few minuets ago and spoke with Ralph Fortino, president of the company.  What a great guy!  Completely unpretentious.  Said he could re-do my forte II grill covers with current lambswool fabric on forte III for just $100.00 after the 1st of the year.  That is material, labor, etc.  Also stated he has current Heritage grill cover badges for $20.00 each.

Just a hop, skip and a jump to factory in Elk Grove Village, IL.

So, should I stick with original badges which are perfect, or go with new?  Decisions, decisions!

Best regards,

John

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

So, should I stick with original badges which are perfect, or go with new?  Decisions, decisions!

Original imo, what color are your cabinets, most should look really good with that grill cloth. Sounds cheap for everything to have them redone. 

Bring one of the risers in to determine if the grille cloth choice is the right one, sometimes it looks great on the roll or with certain wood tones and not so much with others.

I would buy the badges if they are available, determine after the grilles are done witch badge looks best.

• Like 1