Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
ELSI

honest indoor 2 channel

Recommended Posts

Klipsch is a set bar nearly no matter what. This said close range indoors much can be accomplished with slightly less efficiently than any heritage by way of set or much less.

 

 

few watts and small towers are imo much easier and proper for indoor listening than any heritage. The klipschhorn and jubilee both are so much easier to listen to outdoors than in. reference line not premiere are the bank for indoors. 7's or 83's are true indoor hifi. pallidium are very picky and at 6ohms need that not a theater receiver in order to deliver their payload. 

 

Ideas? the klf, and other extended heritage are peaceful indoors but still need AIR. Please help me get my mind straight.

 

thanks EL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Music preferences, room size, listening distance, room configuration, windows, drapes?????  Without more info, you're just throwing darts.....blindfolded......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plain drywall 28x14

 

one patio sliding door at back corner and stairwell at opposite corner with 9' of open wall space opposite the sliding door. music 2ch specifically

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

28 minutes ago, ELSI said:

Klipsch is a set bar nearly no matter what. This said close range indoors much can be accomplished with slightly less efficiently than any heritage by way of set or much less.

 

 

few watts and small towers are imo much easier and proper for indoor listening than any heritage. The klipschhorn and jubilee both are so much easier to listen to outdoors than in. reference line not premiere are the bank for indoors. 7's or 83's are true indoor hifi. pallidium are very picky and at 6ohms need that not a theater receiver in order to deliver their payload. 

 

Ideas? the klf, and other extended heritage are peaceful indoors but still need AIR. Please help me get my mind straight.

 

thanks EL

 

Yes, you must install speakers that fit your space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Music preferences = jazz, rock, country, bluegrass, hip hop, grunge, rap, etc, etc, etc.

 

Carpet, tile, wood floor?

 

Listening level, medium, loud, really loud?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carpet by choice. I have lascalas,cornwalls plus more, but the heritage line needs so much space. Air matters for speaker performance big time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

records only few cds. rock,jazz,bluegrass as well as have to be able to perform for a surprise that's tossed at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my upstairs media room are 2 high end reference towers and they are so pleasing. No sub 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, robert_kc said:

 

 

Yes, you must install speakers that fit your space.

What, wish someone would have said something earlier! :huh:      

 

Just remember a bigger horn controls a room better, it's a fact.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ELSI said:

my upstairs media room are 2 high end reference towers and they are so pleasing. No sub 

@ELSI,

 

What towers do you have?

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtel said:

What, wish someone would have said something earlier! :huh:   

 

I agree with dtel, somebody should have told me sooner as well. I have Jubilee's in a 20 x 22 foot room and they sound better that my reference home theater and my Chorus II's. I think you need to redo your math. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

83's today and they are full of fire. 28'x14 couldn't believe its not in 1st post. Absolutely premieres are good for indoor. chorus sure. but with these new perfect corners its frustrating that khorns havnt tipped my ears. Lots of good indoor speakers out there the high end klipsch is to much imo atm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm assuming you tried out the K horns but you're not getting what you expected out of them, in other words you feel you need a bigger room for them to perform optimally...  glad to hear it sounds like you like the 83 s....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xo705cf said:

So I'm assuming you tried out the K horns but you're not getting what you expected out of them, in other words you feel you need a bigger room for them to perform optimally...  glad to hear it sounds like you like the 83 s....

Yes. And not done with the horns. Yes the 83's are super for 2 ch no sub. Some day I will procure khorns for my room. more effort than life offers atm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, dtel said:

What, wish someone would have said something earlier! :huh:      

 

Just remember a bigger horn controls a room better, it's a fact.

Your system is klipsch lovers known and renowned so props to you mr dtel. Those belong indoors no matter the size imo. they are gorgeous and possibly the best(sounding and visual) ever/possible imo. But They Would Sound Better Outside! No?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ELSI said:

Your system is klipsch lovers known and renowned so props to you mr dtel. Those belong indoors no matter the size imo. they are gorgeous and possibly the best(sounding and visual) ever/possible imo. But They Would Sound Better Outside! No?

Got to start off by saying almost all speakers sound better outside, to me anyway. Except when I tried Heresy's once, they lost what bass they had and didn't do well just sitting on the ground, I wanted more bass.

 

Everyone has what they have for different reasons, this hobby can lead you in different directions, you never know really. I listened to every speaker I could find over the last 35+ years(like many people here) and for the most part the ones I liked the most tended to bigger, bigger horns. They sounded more open and natural with no strain, and we do not listen loud 98% of the time so it's not volume.

Actually my wife and daughter picked out our best and biggest speakers after hearing them for about half of one song, and it was being played in mono.............. I blame them. :) 

 

And please don't call me Mr, I am old but still.        If you don't mind me asking where are you from, you type with a slight accent ? :o:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:16 AM, dtel said:

Got to start off by saying almost all speakers sound better outside, to me anyway. Except when I tried Heresy's once, they lost what bass they had and didn't do well just sitting on the ground, I wanted more bass.

 

Everyone has what they have for different reasons, this hobby can lead you in different directions, you never know really. I listened to every speaker I could find over the last 35+ years(like many people here) and for the most part the ones I liked the most tended to bigger, bigger horns. They sounded more open and natural with no strain, and we do not listen loud 98% of the time so it's not volume.

Actually my wife and daughter picked out our best and biggest speakers after hearing them for about half of one song, and it was being played in mono.............. I blame them. :) 

 

And please don't call me Mr, I am old but still.        If you don't mind me asking where are you from, you type with a slight accent ? :o:D

Took a while to respond. Well said. Nicely put dtel. 

 

After debating this thread it was never intended to say any klipsch speaker is bad. It is a strong fight that all klipsch are good indoors,within reason. 

 

Seems it needs to be put out there though. As xo705zf stated ref prem are good. And have been compared obviously with the likes of rf7's etc...

 

So true outdoors is sweet spots galore for speakers especially very efficient klipsch full range. The heresy is just that heresy to sound. They will twist the mind into new ways of thinking about audio imho Still everyone should gently place there speakers outdoors for a song. The capabilities are mind boggling impressive. Then gently take them back indoors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...