klf30 20 10 replacements

ELSI

For better or worse what woofers would be proper replacements without and with network mods. For the 30's likely top notch woofers even if need updated crossovers. Any suggestions. Looked around never found a definite choice on this forum nor elsewhere for the 3. Anybody try swapping all 4 of and klf pair out for anything?

thx E

EDIT,ps My woofers are fine but want to try other woofers. yeah why, because there are better woofers these days?

The woofers on the KLF 30's are Klipsch K-31's. They are still in production and are used on some of the cinema models (Jubilee for instance). Let me caution you on swapping woofers, it is not that simple. The box volume and ports would need to be changed and probably the crossover also. It is not likely you would get a better system in the end.

• Like 1

The woofers on the KLF 30's are Klipsch K-31's. They are still in production

Really? Over the last few years people have been looking for woofers to replace the K31's.....myself included. I called Klipsch a couple/few years ago and they told me they might have some K31E's (Eminence) hanging around but never said anything about the K31'S still being in production.

Can you confirm that that they are still in production? This would be some great news.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

The woofers on the KLF 30's are Klipsch K-31's. They are still in production and are used on some of the cinema models (Jubilee for instance). Let me caution you on swapping woofers, it is not that simple. The box volume and ports would need to be changed and probably the crossover also. It is not likely you would get a better system in the end.

Much gratitude for your wisdom sir. Did not know it was the k31. Never researched. It was a curious question or thought for the long haul/future. Knowing those are in production does clean the sweat of both brows. Thank you sir

A few years ago they had to change vendors for the K-31's. They did find another vendor as I recall (they do not manufacture their own). I would call Klipsch again if you need a replacement. 
Ok, I talked to a fine gentleman at Klipsch today and he was very helpful.

He said they did switch vendors at some point but ultimately went back with Eminence making the woofers.

He said they have a boatload in stock. This was great news to hear. There have been so many people on this forum looking for K-31 replacements and everyone under the impression Klipsch didn't carry them anymore. I know that when I called them a couple/few years ago, the guy told me they didn't have them anymore. Evidently, they were just out of stock and he was unaware they could get more. Hmm...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...