I have some new schiit coming.

mr clean

I put mine between the pre and amp so I can use it for everything. So far I'm loving it. I didn't have headphones in mind as much as my speakers but plan on putting together a headphone system now. Hope to have more schiit wind up on my porch in the future.

It hasn't  been quite a week but Ive been using the loki alot the last 3 days. So far 0 negatives except I wish it color matched my other gear. Its all black but I tell you this thing is sweet! You truly do not know its there till you turn those knobs a bit.  When turning the knobs everything is small but rock solid and turning the knobs it  is mouse fart quiet! So far just using it with the rp280f and I can listen all day. And yes I took the tissues off the tweeters without getting the fatigue I used to fuss about. I can get much better control with 4 adjustment points than the loki than the the 2 on the emotiva pt-100 and the freqs picked were well thought out. The loki is built like a tank and well worth the asking price. Im listening to the pt-100 and spotify using a set of audio technica ath-m40s and just have the controls on the pre. Going to put the loki in between the cd player and the preamp later and check out how it works at its intended use of being used with headphones. Listening to super tramp crime of the century for the first time in Years.  Peace!   

3 hours ago, jbsl said:

I have had my Loki for about 3 weeks and agree with everything said by Loki owners! :D 

Im using my headphone right now and smoking a butt on the weber smokey mountain. Just listening to Vincennes U station. Using the loki as we speak!     

The Loki is a very cool gizmo, although you will lose about 37% or your credibility in the audio geek community if you use one (simply don't tell anybody). I've had mine for a couple of months and am sort of amazed at how quiet it is…I do live sound mixing mostly for "boutique" (smallish venue) shows and have become too familiar with all sorts of EQ items over that last 5 decades or something (musician also, seemingly forever) and when I run into a thing like this it makes me feel the world is working properly somewhere. I have the typical "purist" hifi rig…not even a balance control anywhere, and my only tone control is the level on 2 subs, but the Loki is absolutely transparent and has well thought out band positioning…the "mini" designation has me assuming they're gonna make a larger version and hey…I might have to get my "Knob Turner" on for that one too. Well done Schiitheads! I also own a new Freya and it works well also.

• Like 1

I like it so well! When using cds its below 0 db at 8000 hz and spotify above 0. I get by the tweeter and turn the 8000 hz down to where the harsh sound goes away but the  sparkle is  still there. Don't have to mess with the lower 3 much  after setting. I have 20hz at 2 o'clock 400z at 1oclock and 2000hz flat most the time with the rp280s, 8000hz goes from 9 oclock to about 3 o'clock based on the recording and weather its a cd,tuner, or spotify. It is truly fine and it will stay in the full time. Im sure some get I like it and I'm done preaching.  It  is something I hope others try.

10 hours ago, Manual Garcia said:

I also own a new Freya and it works well also.

I do not need balanced in or outs so I think I am going to try the Saga preamp for half the price of the Freya.  If I like the Saga then may go ahead and get one of the Schiit DACs.