Anyone here still using AudiogoN?

Deang

Agreed that ebay commission is completely out of control.  I used to sell a lot on there, but almost never anymore.  By the time you get whacked for 13% between commissions and paypal fees and pay for shipping you're better off only using it as a method of last resort.   You've really got to have an ebay store to make it affordable, but if you only sell a few things a year it may not be worth the hassle and monthly fees.

I think selling on Audiogon is reasonable and opens your audience to worldwide.  I found it is simple to ship to Europe for instance.  The Euro is pretty strong and so I got a higher price over there than I could here or eBay.  More attention from Europeans...........of course only certain items.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a barely used Shelter 501 MkII Moving Coil, $435 shipped. Checked US Audiomart just now - 1 in Canada for $750. Only places I've seen these used. New ones (Mk III) are $1400. Most of the items offered on AG are way beyond my needs and/or price range. I look and mostly shake my head.

Yes. You might be surprised to hear this -- but most Klipsch users don't belong to the forum, they don't even know this place exists (until something breaks). Many discover what we all already know -- that Klipsch doesn't stock the majority of the stuff that people need or want when it breaks. So, when something quits working, they hit the search engine -- and find what they need by looking at what google brings up.

Deang, As the other commentor said get a store.  I don't like Ebay fees but I have sold everything there from rock slabs to faceted gemstones to used equipment from my business and this past year a fair amount of Klipsch gear. You can also use EBay to drive sales to a personal site if you have one. You have your items listed and people can google what you are selling and find your site through that and it is cheap advertisement to a huge audience. I don't have a web site but I do sell the same things on Craigslist and probably half my buyers there came from EBay listings. It is generally understood if you state on your EBay listing that have your item listed locally and listing subject to end at any time people know to check for the same listing "title" on Craigslist and then you don't pay the fee. Crites has a big presence there and you know there is a fee mark it up to compensate and still arrive at the profit you want. I don't worry to much about the EBay commission because I have sold more things there by far than any where else and I did not have to open a physical store to do it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deang said:

I'm listening.

Seems to me that there are a few / several web designers around here. I am fairly sure @Youthman is and there are many more IT guys around that may or may not have that particular skillet in the toolbox. Me? I learned to spell PC just this week.

Did I say skillet? eh, skill set..skillset

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, USNRET said:

Did I say skillet?

I love Skillet!  They are awesome.  :lol:

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

Seems to me that there are a few / several web designers around here. I am fairly sure @Youthman is and there are many more IT guys around that may or may not have that particular skillet in the toolbox.

I've been developing websites since 2004.  Still enjoying it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sold my Rega arm in a day on AGon last month. Reasonable price for both me and the buyer. Had it here in the garage sale section for a long time. I think you have so many more serious buyers there. Lots of tire kickers here, people commenting on things they have zero intention of buying and people looking for rock bottom prices. Don't get me wrong I love the Klipsch forums but more than its fair share of pikers here.