Klipsch help

El_Mayimbe

Hello I’m having difficulty finding a reciver to power my klipsch home theater system. My setup right now is a Klipsch 64ii for my center channel then two klipsch RF-7 floorstanding speakers and also two klipsch r-115sw subwoofer. I would appreciate the help or advice or recommendations you guys can give me.

El_Mayimbe.

Welcome to the forum.

Very nice speakers that deserve some good power.  If I were you, I would not go lower than an upper mid level AVR with your speakers.  Any of the major players(Onkyo/Integra, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, etc.) in the AVR business should be able to accommodate.

Bill

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Boilermaker86 said:

I’ve been taking a look at anthem recently. Saw a lot of good stuff on them. Another option you can look into. 

https://hometheaterreview.com/anthem-mrx-710-av-receiver/

I am all about Anthem but tried to point OP to some more readily available offerings.

The MRX-710 and the AVM-60 pre/pro are on my very short list if my NAD pre/pro takes a dump.

Bill

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, willland said:

I am all about Anthem but tried to point OP to some more readily available offerings.

The MRX-710 and the AVM-60 pre/pro are on my very short list if my NAD pre/pro takes a dump.

Bill

I just got a pair of RF-7 IIs and the RC-64 IIs ( a post on that later)  and just want to point out something different. The article was an interesting read. But you are right, I was looking around and the Anthem is hard to find and the newer model is very expensive. 

Of the mainline receivers, I’ve heard good things about Marantz. 

11 hours ago, El_Mayimbe said:

I’m looking to be under 1000 dollars range

This is the best you'll find for $1000, Marantz 6011.  It's the 2016-17 model and is now discontinued but still available.  A few months ago it was selling for $1400.  The newer model is the 2017-18 6012 which is $1500. 

FYI I own the 6011.  It has adequate power.  At ear splitting SPL the power level is about 1/3.  I know that because it has an analog readout that shows you how much power is being used.  It has some nice power saving modes which can be easily toggled on/off, it has an advanced version of Audyssey and the best iphone app to control an AVR I've ever seen.  It's excellent for music and can handle the most advanced Atmos, 5.2.4 out of the box.  If you want 7.2.4 (the 4 is four Atmos modules) you'll need an external amp for the rear surrounds.  It has all the modern codecs, and all the wireless connections you can think of.

https://www.amazon.com/Marantz-SR-6011-Audio-Component-Receiver/dp/B01K1Z6M1O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512704731&sr=8-1&keywords=marantz+sr6011

Marantz and Denon are owned by the same company now and the $1000 cousin of the Marantz is the Denon AVR X4300H in 9.2.

https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVRX4300H-technology-featuring-Bluetooth/dp/B01KZRPNIQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512705590&sr=1-2&keywords=denon+avr-x4300h

• Like 1