Fair price for Cornwall Pro Series?

John Chi-town

Just my opinion but  LSI's  can be had for half of that or less and I like them much better ! 

Have you heard LaScala's or Corwall's ?

I have some LSI's ( LaScala Pro Version) and some Split LSI's you could listen to and although I can't speak for him there is a forum  member about 10 min's or less from me that has Cornwall's ( I think ? because he did get some KHorns) I am in Geneva and he is in Batavia neither of which are very far from you . 

If that's something you want to do , I can try and contact him and maybe if we behave he'll play those KHorns for us as well :lol:

If we are really Lucky maybe he ( @Lemon string ) he will have another Chicago Land GTG and everyone who has attended one will tell you , He has a great place and is an amazing Host :D

The only problem might be timing if you are in hurry . The rarity and condition of those speakers  might make them special but the price IMHO does not.

I can Demo my speakers any time for you 

LaScala's with a horn loaded Sub are pound for pound  hard to beat :D

I should mention that some prefer Cornwall's  and they are Great Speakers !

Wow, just lovely! If you just feel you have to have them, think about it good and hard. Especially what you could reasonably expect from a resale point of view. You never know if any of those watching are going to make an offer, or have done so. Do not know as much as others here about what the value may be. If you throw 50% of his asking price at seller, it could open a door for  you later on. Sleeping on it sometimes helps, if you can sleep.

Gnote makes a good argument, and a possible audition setup.

Good fortune...

1 hour ago, John Chi-town said:

They look strait out of the wrapper and price seems to be negotiable?  What do all of you think a fair price would be?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-C-P-1-PRO-CORNWALL-SPEAKERS-7-000-00-NEW-RARE-L-K/222742874503?hash=item33dc828987:g:HVYAAOSwiHpZ7XI6

Best regards,

John

why not get a set of Chorus ll they have the K48 woofer (pro) have a larger better sounding mid horn look better cost less? Just a thought.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lemon string said:

Hey there

yeah we do need to get a chicago land gathering on the books, Im always up for that. Sometime over the holidays would be great. 

I would be happy to do something smaller if john want stop hear a pair of Cornwalls. 

Let me know

I'll bring some wine.....

15 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

More curious than anything if they are worth asking price?

I will say no, not worth the asking price.

My reasoning is two-fold, one of which you already know.  Others have pointed out ^^^ you can get some very good sounding Klipsch speakers new with a warranty for $3600.  You can also find Khorns used in the $3000 range.

Second, I've never heard anybody talk about Cornwall pro speakers.  Somebody may know how they sound but to me they are an unknown.

FYI Cornwall I on the used market average about $828, Cornwall II for $945 and Cornwall III for $1850.

The seller started out around $4500 I believe, he's been trying to sell these for months now. They do seem to be very rare, I've only ever seen one other pair for sale over the years but haven't really been looking either though. The CP-1 appear to be a "pro" Cornwall II and other than being not that common don't really see why they should sell for more than a standard Cornwall II. At his asking price (or less) there are some really good options for brand new speakers (as mentioned above) both home and pro versions. There's a guy on eBay now with KI-362's brand new for $1000 each, these are basically "pro" Chorus II's from what I can tell:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-KI-362B-SPEAKER/322539241324?hash=item4b18d63f6c:g:TcsAAOSwK6RZMHdc

• Like 2

Cornwall Pro??  Anyone every heard of these?

It looks to me like these are Cornwall ii's?   Is there anything about the "Pro" designation that suggests they sound better?  The handles and the vinyl guitar-amp style covering suggest they are designed to be more durable and more portable.  ..But I see nothing that would imply they sound better than regular Cornwalls.  So that would leave collectability as the primary reason for paying the "pro" surcharge.  ..But seeing as no one else has indicated any sort of recognition for these, I think even the rarity and collectability appeal may be a non-factor.  

They look like their made for dragging to clubs, etc.. What if the horns and drivers were chosen more for their indestructibility than fidelity?  In a typical home setting you'd be pretty disappointed with that trade-off. 

Personally, I'd buy a pair of new Cornwall iii's before buying these.  .

46 minutes ago, ODS123 said:

It looks to me like these are Cornwall ii's?   Is there anything about the "Pro" designation that suggests they sound better?  The handles and the vinyl guitar-amp style covering suggest they are designed to be more durable and more portable.  ..But I see nothing that would imply they sound better than regular Cornwalls.  So that would leave collectability as the primary reason for paying the "pro" surcharge.  ..But seeing as no one else has indicated any sort of recognition for these, I think even the rarity and collectability appeal may be a non-factor.  

They look like their made for dragging to clubs, etc.. What if the horns and drivers were chosen more for their indestructibility than fidelity?  In a typical home setting you'd be pretty disappointed with that trade-off. 

No. It's a first for me. I've got a couple pairs of Pro Heresey's with birch veneer and won't part with them. I'd love to have some Pro Cornwalls, but not at that price, regardless of how rare they are.

18 hours ago, Gilbert said:

19 hours ago, ODS123 said:

No. It's a first for me. I've got a couple pairs of Pro Heresey's with birch veneer and won't part with them.

Do you know which woofer your pro Cornwall has installed? If it has the K48 then it is essentially a Chorus and not a Cornwall. The Cornwall uses the K33 woofer. Thanks for posting.