General thoughts on Klipsch for HT?

vasubandu

I am in the process of updating my home threater system after doing nothing for a decade. I have an old Denon AVR 2807 receivr and a 60 inch Pionerr 1080p plasma.  My speakers are Paradigm Millenia and generally great speakers, but I was intrigued with the atmos thing.  I was wondering if anyone had experience with going from audiophile speakers to Klipsch for home theater.  As much as I like the Millenia, they don't have much oomph. I most just want clear dialog.  Thanks for any suggestions.

1 hour ago, The History Kid said:

If you consider any of this stuff to be "hi-fi" - don't ever listen to a pair of Tekton's...I love Klipsch, but a spade is a spade.  Still, some of the best bang for the buck.

Just Wow  ! 

I'm speechless 

Something you might want to consider some time  :lol:  

5 hours ago, The History Kid said:

If you consider any of this stuff to be "hi-fi" - don't ever listen to a pair of Tekton's...I love Klipsch, but a spade is a spade.  Still, some of the best bang for the buck.

No one was comparing Tektons. So moot point. Also do you even own Tektons? Didn't see any in your equipment list.

11 hours ago, vasubandu said:

I am in the process of updating my home threater system after doing nothing for a decade. I have an old Denon AVR 2807 receivr and a 60 inch Pionerr 1080p plasma.  My speakers are Paradigm Millenia and generally great speakers, but I was intrigued with the atmos thing.  I was wondering if anyone had experience with going from audiophile speakers to Klipsch for home theater.  As much as I like the Millenia, they don't have much oomph. I most just want clear dialog.  Thanks for any suggestions.

It sounds like you have 2 good questions --

Is Atmos cool and does Klipsch do it well

Is Klipsch an upgrade from where you are

Yes to both

8 hours ago, ftgf said:

No one was comparing Tektons. So moot point. Also do you even own Tektons? Didn't see any in your equipment list.

I was unaware that you had to own something to have heard it.  Wow!  Guess that means no one has any experience with a lot of things then...

Also, was not addressing you, so "moot point."

Who ever said Paradigm was a step up is wrong.  You have not experienced HT without a Klipsch setup.  It will be more dynamic, pinpoint clarity and blast you off the set.  
'
If Klipsch is not hi fi, what is? Clarity, power. accuracy, and constant directivity.  I am not sure what you are looking for in an HT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The History Kid said:

I was unaware that you had to own something to have heard it.  Wow!  Guess that means no one has any experience with a lot of things then...

That was just a strong endorsement just figured you owned a pair. No biggie.

4 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

Who ever said Paradigm was a step up is wrong.  You have not experienced HT without a Klipsch setup.  It will be more dynamic, pinpoint clarity and blast you off the set.  
'
If Klipsch is not hi fi, what is? Clarity, power. accuracy, and constant directivity.  I am not sure what you are looking for in an HT.

This is true. My local Klipsch dealer also sells Paradigm and they really push Paradigm over Klipsch. I started with a Paradigm Monitor v7 5.1 setup which apparently is their best seller. That was a mistake very dull. I'm not good at describing how things sound but underwhelming to say the least. I then switched to a Prestige setup definitely a step up but for the money I didn't feel like I was getting good value. I was happier with my 2.0 Forte setup. 

And to the OP you will most likely be happy with Klipsch. I'm sure if you give a few more details on budget and what type of setup you want you will get many suggestions from the forum. Me personally I put a hold on my HT pursuit until I can afford a Heritage setup. It will be worth the wait!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The History Kid said:

You pretty much were addressing everyone in the forum with your statement when you at the very least insinuated that Klipsch and Paradigm were not HiFi but Tekton's were . This is forum for people that enjoy Klipsch products ,  So  a very broad statement from someone with I'm guessing a very narrow range of experience with Klipsch Products. Tekton makes some nice speakers , Iv'e only heard the Pendragons  in person . I know they have several models above that , but I could name alot of Klipsch speakers that would slay those Pendragon's:D Of course this only my opinion .

Maybe you can tell me witch Tekton's you've heard and which (Non HiFi :lol:) Klipsch you've heard so I can try to understand your statement a little better !

Welcome to the forum Vasubandu.I have heard Paradigm in 2 channel but not in home theater.

I have KLF 20s for my fronts , KLF7 for center , KG.5 for sides and KLF 10s for rears,and 2 15" subs,3 12" subs. Who ever hears my system, loves it .

You can hear every detail no matter how quiet or loud it is.

Ive heard a few systems and I know im biased but I do love my system.

27 minutes ago, TomR said:

Welcome to the forum Vasubandu.I have heard Paradigm in 2 channel but not in home theater.

I have KLF 20s for my fronts , KLF7 for center , KG.5 for sides and KLF 10s for rears,and 2 15" subs,3 12" subs. Who ever hears my system, loves it .

You can hear every detail no matter how quiet or loud it is.

Ive heard a few systems and I know im biased but I do love my system.

Mine is better!  Sorry dad, had to.:D

22 hours ago, vasubandu said:

Klipsch are very good at clear dialogue.

Klipsch are efficient, dynamic, have clear dialogue and oomph to spare, which is ideal for home theater use IMO.  There are plenty of other options out there that are also great for home theater for similar reasons, but you are here in the Klipsch forums :)

On 12/9/2017 at 10:30 PM, vasubandu said:

Interesting perspective of Paradigm, particularly Millenia, vs Klipsch.

Considering the two posts, vasubandu could use some help since they are not very happy.

I do admit, if you go to the Klipsch systems to purchase, it is frustrating to scroll through all the pictures to see how and what you MIGHT be able to order. Then the atmos systems show up with zero pricing.... Oh but that is vasubandu's other post and hate to say it, have to agree if I was to buy something directly from Klipsch.

This could be affecting their perspective but Paradigm doesn't sell direct to have the same purchasing issues.