Spotfy

mr clean

Im thinking of getting spotify and have been using free for a few days before going to a better package. Been seeing some say it causes computer problems when used for a year or so. Anyone on here used it longterm and have any problems crop up? Also I used napster long ago and is this not really legal either? Thanks in advance. 

I have been using Spotify for a few years. Never had any problems nor have i ever heard about anyone who have experienced anything other than a very easy to use app with a huge catalogue.

And i am pretty sure that i only know a few people who don't use Spotify.

If you are using a decent system it is worth noticing that Tidal HiFi has better sound quality. 

I use Spotify for convenience and Tidal/streaming from NAS for more serious listening.

• Like 2

I had used Spotify for the last few years and I absolutely loved their UI and all the things it learned. But, I wanted lossless streaming and tried Tidal  (hated it) and just subscribed to Deezer as they had a special for $14.99 a month. If Spotify ever goes lossless, I'll switch back most likely. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, avguytx said:

I had used Spotify for the last few years and I absolutely loved their UI and all the things it learned. But, I wanted lossless streaming and tried Tidal  (hated it) and just subscribed to Deezer as they had a special for $14.99 a month. If Spotify ever goes wireless, I'll switch back most likely. 

What do you mean ''wireless''?

I listen to Spotify almost exclusively since implementing a DEQ 2496 so that I could EQ in the digital domain. It's improved CDs as well but Spotify EQ'd digitally is downright impressive.

I had an audio buddy come over and let him hear the difference between using digital EQ and without.... He went and bought a DEQ a day or two later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, SWL said:

I listen to Spotify almost exclusively since implementing a DEQ 2496 so that I could EQ in the digital domain. It's improved CDs as well but Spotify EQ'd digitally is downright impressive.

I had an audio buddy come over and let him hear the difference between using digital EQ and without.... He went and bought a DEQ a day or two later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Which DEQ are you using?

I've noticed the Spotify app on my computer does seem to hog a lot of RAM over time, which will clear if closed and reopened.  

Amongst musicians, the argument goes one should use apple music over spotify because apple pays the highest (still miniscule) royalty rate to artists, for essentially the same end user cost.