Klipsch Belles--West Virginia

jstrid

holy crap!  current bid = $235, and 3 days left in the auction.  a lot can change in 3 days' bidding. 

one rear tag completely missing, and only part of the other remains.  it looks like it says BK-OO.  AB XO's

someone who can get close to these needs to be watching this one

BK-OO.jpg

1 hour ago, jstrid said:

Saw a link to these on an estate sale auction site.  Anyone here from Star City, West Virginia?

https://www.ebth.com/items/7505827-pair-of-klipsch-speakers

4 minutes ago, -js- said:

holy crap!  current bid = $235, and 3 days left in the auction.  a lot can change in 3 days' bidding. 

one rear tag completely missing, and only part of the other remains.  it looks like it says BK-OO.  AB XO's

someone who can get close to these needs to be watching this one

BK-OO.jpg

check out these.....@$22...now.....

I think these will be a score..

https://www.ebth.com/items/7508740-pair-of-tower-speakers

2 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Look closely. 

I just took my first look.  Lots of bids and my experience watching (only) those auction sites is the final price is usually somewhere around retail plus.

What do you want me to look out for?

+++

Edit:  Two different auctions, same pictures?  That doesn't look right.

Just now, wvu80 said:

I just took my first look.  Lots of bids and my experience watching (only) those auction sites is the final price is usually somewhere around retail plus.

What do you want me to look out for?

It looks like there are 4 Belle for sale...but the pictures they used are only showing one. Different driver, xover, finish, etc...

7 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

It looks like there are 4 Belle for sale...but the pictures they used are only showing one. Different driver, xover, finish, etc...

I'm still looking, so bear with me.

I saw what looked like K-55M CD, and a Type AB XO.  Is that a good XO or is it kind of like the AL in the La Scala?

Edit:  And another XO with Type AA and the K-55v.

WVU has a school of music so there are a lot of music professors living in that area.  Morgantown used to have a hi-end audio shop that sold Klipsch in the 1980's so it's easy to see where these might have come from.

1 hour ago, teaman said:

Oh boy, Dave's wife is gonna be pissed if one of us buy them and he has to store them for us.....lol

Uhhhh.....:ph34r:......someone knows me pretty well.

If I win the auction can I keep them at your house, Tim?  :D

+++

Do we have an opinion on the Type AB crossover?  Is it the equivalent of the not-good-sounding Type AL?

• Like 1

I plan to pursue both pair.  I just need to settle on a price.

In some ways the crossover model Type AA or Type AB doesn't matter because on either set of Belles the XO's will need to be updated or replaced anyway.

+++

I just checked the Crites site.  The AK, AL and AB are the models he will not rebuild.

We do not build the AK, AL, or AB crossovers since they are generally considered to be "not the best".  By around 1989, the design of these crossovers had changed (evolved) to the AK-3, AL-3 and AB-2 crossovers.  We do build those.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/crossovers.html