Klipsch Belles--West Virginia

jstrid

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Guess if you got there on time, you could drop off one or whatever at your daughters long enough to go get the U-Haul tow behind., if time becomes too fleeting. Sounds like you have about got it sorted out. Thinking the Belle Complete is closer to 180 pounds or more. The LS is what, 175 lbs.?

You are thinking right along with me, I was thinking the same thing.  I could drop off a pair at her house then transport the others back to my home town.  There will be other trips to Morgantown, I just need to move those speakers out in the three hour window.

I haven't looked up speaker weights for a while, but I know my stock CF-4's are 108 pounds and the Khorn was 175.  I'm not sure about the LS or the Belle.

• Like 1

This shows the La Scala's weighing in at 123lbs and the Belle's at 125lbs.  It feels like mine weigh more than 125lbs but that may be because they're built from Baltic Birch.  Who knows.  My CF-3's weigh just a tad over 100lbs, too.

http://assets.klipsch.com/files/Heresy-II-La-Scala-Belle-Klipsch-brochure-and-specs.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I'd buy a pair from you and drive out and pick them up at some point from you.  I'd give them to my best friend for a late 50th birthday present like I gave hom Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL's for his 40th.  lol

Let me see if I can pick them up for a decent price and get them in the house so I can assess condition.  They look like they are in pretty good shape with some blemishes and XO's which need updating or replacing.  We also don't know anything about if the drivers all work.  That's why I feel like I can't overpay, too many unknowns.

Both pairs are around $500 currently w/two days to go and with the many bidders I expect that price to triple before it's all over.  I signed up with the site but I haven't bid anything yet.

Shoot me a PM sometime and let me know what you have in mind.  You might be willing to go higher than I am and if I can get them and hold them for you I will do that.

13 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Carl has a mini van you could ask to borrow. Heard it goes from zero to sixty in four point somethin' something'! At least that's what Tarheel said. Could really cut down on your travel time.

BTW: four Belles makes perfect sense to me.

post-60988-0-01480000-1456691182_thumb.jpg

Quick thinking Mookie.....Carl's wife does have that minivan.  It's kind of slow but has TWO cup holders!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, seajay said:

They went for $1655 and $1850

Did I win?  :rolleyes:

I bid 1100 on each pair around 4p today then went to racquetball and didn't check the outcome until a few minutes ago.  A couple of guys were in a bidding war so I knew my bid would not hold up.

I missed my guess that they would go for about $1500 each.  My Heritage spreadsheet says the average for Belles is $1762, so whoever got them paid fair market price, but didn't get a "deal."