Klipsch Belles--West Virginia

jstrid

9 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I'm not close to that area, but I am familiar with EBTH. People really need to know their TOS. 

I read the TOS but I'm not sure I am finding what it is you are warning about.  It looks like they hit the Seller for a huge fee, probably 35% for this particular sale.

Is there another hidden fee for the Buyer?

I did see where the auction is over at 8:30pm on Thursday, then pickup is Friday from 11a to 2p!  That's a small window.  As @Arrow#422 suggested the pair with the Type AA looks like the better pair but if I can pick up both for a "deal" price I will.  I'm just not sure that I can fit both pair into my Honda CRV or Toyota Rav4, both small SUV's.  One pair yes, but probably not both, I still need to check.

Can the top hat be removed from the Belle?

I'm having a difficult time sizing up the speakers to fit in the back of the Rav4.  I lack a few inches of being able to lay 4 on their sides (36" tall) front-to-back which would require 72 inches.  I could pull it off but I would have to leave the tailgate open.

I don't have 36" bottom to top to put them in upright.

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Can the top hat be removed from the Belle?

I'm having a difficult time sizing up the speakers to fit in the back of the Rav4.  I lack a few inches of being able to lay 4 on their sides (36" tall) front-to-back which would require 72 inches.  I could pull it off but I would have to leave the tailgate open.

I don't have 36" bottom to top to put them in upright.

What a horrible problem to have! You lucky dog.

18 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Yes, 2 screws  nuts per side (4 ea speaker)

The Khorn had four wingnuts per speaker, the top hat came apart in two minutes.

Thanks for the info, that will solve all my logistical problems should I win the auction for all four speakers.  I think the speakers will ultimately sell for close to market value but if I can get a deal I want to be prepared.

Just now, babadono said:

What a horrible problem to have! You lucky dog.

As @teaman will tell you about my WAF, this "horrible problem" can be a double-edged sword if I win!  The best thing that could happen to me in terms of marital bliss is that I would lose the auction which ends 8:30p on Thursday.

I've already measured and they would make an almost perfect fit L/C/R in my living room.  B)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Do the SUV's have a top?

The Honda CRV has a sun roof that retracts pretty far.  I don't think it is is big enough to put something out of the top.

45 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Why not rent a van for the day. That doesn't cost much. Problem solved. 

That's not a bad idea.  I did that before to transport the Khorns a couple of hours, the same as this trip will be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

Carl has a mini van you could ask to borrow. Heard it goes from zero to sixty in four point somethin' something'! At least that's what Tarheel said. Could really cut down on your travel time.

BTW: four Belles makes perfect sense to me.

post-60988-0-01480000-1456691182_thumb.jpg

Carl's WIFE has a Porsche mini-van. Ain't happinin' ?! My money is on C's wife which in most cases is the safe bet. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I read the TOS but I'm not sure I am finding what it is you are warning about.  It looks like they hit the Seller for a huge fee, probably 35% for this particular sale.

Is there another hidden fee for the Buyer?

I did see where the auction is over at 8:30pm on Thursday, then pickup is Friday from 11a to 2p!  That's a small window.  As @Arrow#422 suggested the pair with the Type AA looks like the better pair but if I can pick up both for a "deal" price I will.  I'm just not sure that I can fit both pair into my Honda CRV or Toyota Rav4, both small SUV's.  One pair yes, but probably not both, I still need to check.

I had a CRV years ago, you can fit one pair unless you remove all the seats

Mark

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

I had a CRV years ago, you can fit one pair unless you remove all the seats

Thanks.

I made cardboard cutouts of the dimensions as I am certified lousy at visualizing things.  I am sure I can fit three and most of the fourth.  It is that "most of the fourth" that is giving me the most trouble. 

I am thinking if I can remove the tophats of two of them I can stack them and use more of the up/down space and get everything to fit.

Remember, this is all preparation just in case I win.  I don't need these speakers and I am not going to overpay for them.  OTOH if I win on Thurs I've got to be ready to go Friday morning to get up to Morgantown with a buddy to pick them up in the three-hour window 11a-2p.

• Like 1

What does shipping cost to you Dave? The cost to me in Michigan is only $153 for the pair.

I am all for you renting a small Uhaul truck for $40 for the day and no more stress for you.

By the way, when your wife shoots you down before you even get the speakers out of the back of the truck can I have first dibs...

Tim

• Like 3

6 hours ago, teaman said:

What does shipping cost to you Dave? The cost to me in Michigan is only $153 for the pair.

I am all for you renting a small Uhaul truck for $40 for the day and no more stress for you.

The shipping quote on the site says $125.  It doesn't say if that is for a pair or each, but I bet that is each.  Shipping is usually about a dollar a pound and I think Belles are about 120 pounds.

It's no problem to get there, I have made hundreds of trips to Morgantown and my daughter lives there.  I could drive it in my sleep.  The Honda CRV has a Reese hitch with a 2" ball.  I can pick up a 4'x8' enclosed trailer for fifteen bucks, a 5'x8' for $19.

I see where the bids are creeping up and both pairs are close to $400 with two days to go.  I don't have my bottom line number yet but I'm not paying retail.

• Like 1

Hey Dave, I have made two purchases from EBTH. One was a Klipsch SW-15 ii that I picked up and the other item was shipped to me. I believe that the shipping calculator price shown was accurate to what I paid. I think it says that in the rules on their site also that the shipping cost shown is accurate. I had a positive EBTH interaction but I do know a person on the Emotiva forum had bought a walnut pair of RF-7 ii and they were to be shipped...when they arrived the speakers were pretty much destroyed. Just a heads up for everyone watching the auction.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The shipping quote on the site says $125.  It doesn't say if that is for a pair or each, but I bet that is each.  Shipping is usually about a dollar a pound and I think Belles are about 120 pounds.

It's no problem to get there, I have made hundreds of trips to Morgantown and my daughter lives there.  I could drive it in my sleep.  The Honda CRV has a Reese hitch with a 2" ball.  I can pick up a 4'x8' enclosed trailer for fifteen bucks, a 5'x8' for $19.

I see where the bids are creeping up and both pairs are close to $400 with two days to go.  I don't have my bottom line number yet but I'm not paying retail.

Guess if you got there on time, you could drop off one or whatever at your daughters long enough to go get the U-Haul tow behind., if time becomes too fleeting. Sounds like you have about got it sorted out. Thinking the Belle Complete is closer to 180 pounds or more. The LS is what, 175 lbs.?

• Like 1