Bitcoin ETF?

Tarheel

6 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Does anyone know of an ETN, ETF, or other way to buy a small piece of the bitcoin mania?  Can't afford a whole share.  Anticipating your comments yes I know it's risky and probably a bubble but humor an old man:P who needs new gear.

There's still time to buy Dinar before they revalue.

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Seems the same to me as buying bitcoin now.

Could be.  I recall a Texas member (not you) saying the same about Google in the "Google.....How High" thread years ago. It was at $600 at the time....now approaching twice that. 

Maybe Coytee has an idea on how to participate.

The wide fluctuation of Bitcoin as a currency kind of creates an Oxymoron to the definition of currency. Its actually more like a commodity at this point. You still have to convert it to get real money even if a few retailers will take it as credit.  Who would buy any countries currency with the speculation and swing of Bitcoin?   It is pure speculation and it has no intrinsic value other than the mining labor costs.    But heck, it could go to a 100K from the frenzy in time, but with futures starting to be traded it should help with stability which is what it needs to establish itself as a true form of currency.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Does anyone know of an ETN, ETF, or other way to buy a small piece of the bitcoin mania?  Can't afford a whole share.  Anticipating your comments yes I know it's risky and probably a bubble but humor an old man:P who needs new gear.

Chuck I thought you bought in a long

time ago...

57 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I just heard on CNBC (money channel) that Amazon is considering taking bitcoin as payment.

Bitcoin transactions are too slow and are one of its heels.    Amazon has peaked at 600 transactions per second during holiday times and its said that Bitcoin can only handle 7 transactions per second. That will leave the world waiting for hours to complete a direct Bitcoin transaction.  They will figure out a work around though  unless Quantum Computing aspects don't completely kill off what little security  anyone has owning Bitcoin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

--- "probably a bubble" . See, you already have your own Bubble. Be happy with that already paid for bubble that is safe and secure in your garage where its right there to reach out and actually touch at any time. Much safer and much more fun. As my Grandson says - vvroom vvroom. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- "probably a bubble" . See, you already have your own Bubble. Be happy with that already paid for bubble that is safe and secure in your garage where its right there to reach out and actually touch at any time. Much safer and much more fun. As my Grandson says - vvroom vvroom. 

Or maybe take that bitcoin money and put it toward some bubble mods so that it can outrun an SUV.

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Or maybe take that bitcoin money and put it toward some bubble mods so that it can outrun an SUV.

'Heel you have mentioned engine mods in the past? But to modify a finely engineered Honda engine? Although there is nothing like the whine of a twin scroll supercharger in the morning !? Or any time for that matter ---

11 minutes ago, richieb said:

'Heel you have mentioned engine mods in the past? But to modify a finely engineered Honda engine? Although there is nothing like the whine of a twin scroll supercharger in the morning !? Or any time for that matter ---

I keep going to LHT Performance site and watching their supercharging builds on youtube.  Check it out when you have time. 

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

There's still time to buy Dinar before they revalue.

Iraqi Dinar is about like using $100 bills to light your cigars!  When I was over "in-theater" (2004-2007), I saw all these Soldiers buying Iraqi Dinar, when they could have invested in gold (it was at $432.00 an ounce when I got there) and made big-time bucks when it hit over 1700 bucks and ounce!