KP-250 built before 2000

Dave A

I have two pairs of KP-250's that are different than any I have had before. They have a cloth on masonite grille cover, K-42-K woofers instead of KP-42-KP's and a build date QA tag from 1989. The only information I can find from Klipsch talks about  2000 to 2004 for KP-250 builds. These are far more musical than the later KP-250's I have had.  Does anyone have information on these?

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

Woofers are different for sure. K-42-KP for later 250's and K-42-K for these earlier ones. Stamped basket VS cast aluminum. I will try to answer your question regarding crossovers later as I make time to check these out. Hoping to pick up a pair of HIP's today for "parts" as the listing says. I have no idea what that means but I am going to find out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi gained good to see you here. Hey Claude I am also curious to know now that my mind has been jogged on this.

On 12/13/2017 at 5:48 AM, jjptkd said:

They appear to be the same thing driver wise have you compared the crossovers? Klipsch made an HIP-2 that was the early version of the kp-250 in the early '80's I believe.

As a much delayed update on the speakers I bought. They have K-42's in them that are far older than I have seen before and the mid horns had soldered lug K-55-V's on them. One round and one square K-77. The cabinets are really crude but stamped with a serial number and I think original. Pics to follow soon. It was a real deal at $300.00.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have a P250 that I'm trying to bring back to life an old shop person took the speaker apart and I can't find the entire tweeter and the horn 

I have the plastic housing for the horn but the speaker is missing and the entire tweeter is missing including the plastic housing are these parts

still available?  

On 7/22/2020 at 5:51 PM, John Woods said:

I have a P250 that I'm trying to bring back to life an old shop person took the speaker apart and I can't find the entire tweeter and the horn 

I have the plastic housing for the horn but the speaker is missing and the entire tweeter is missing including the plastic housing are these parts

still available?  

yes --------used mostly

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 3:58 PM, John Woods said:

I think  these fit dead on as far as horn part  ,  klipsch uses the same manufacturer for some of  their products -------the only problem may be the magnet  to clear the tweeter hole but since the KP 250 uses the k79 and it's the bigger magnet , you should be ok -------