WTB: 20 watts 2/4 channel amp

artinaz

I was using a topping tp30 before the power supply blew up. I will be using this to power my compression horns so need very little power- 10W is plenty. The horns are about 110db efficient so I do need an amp that is not too noisy and low distortion. Also I would like the frequency response to extend to 20K. 4 channels would be great if I decide to go 3-way but 2 channels will do too. 

I considered the lepai but the distortion numbers are high. I am in the SF Bay Area.

7 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Send me a IM. I have a amp that’s a two channel,but has 3 outputs pre channel and could run a bi or try amp one a speaker setup. And it’s only about 65 watts for each output

I think the discussion on 4 channel is with an active setup but you get artinaz closer with 2 channels.

@carlthess40, thank you for the link and pics but the wattage is too high.

I borrowed an adcom 2535 to see how the horns would behave and there is an audible hiss. The adcom 2535 has 2 sections of the 535, 4 channels of 60w/8ohms. So 60watts is too much.

With my earlier topping amp, I was using it at the 2 o’clock position, so 10watts max and there was no hiss. Basically I am having a gain problem with higher wattage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand. I don’t know if you looked over the manual, but if you look at the front left side of the amp there are two small I put level controls that you can adjust the level of each channel and dial down the wattage of the amp
If you want to and if you pay for the shipping I will send you the amp and try it out for a week or two to see if it would work for your setup. But if you don’t buy it the return shipping is on you, but if you do buy it I will split the shipping cost with you. My cell is 3212629458.

On 12/14/2017 at 3:40 PM, carlthess40 said:

@carlthess40, thank you your offer. I did see the level controls, The adcom 2535 also has the controls for the input sensitivity and what I found is that I have to turn it almost all the way to level match the woofers. As a result, the signal comes closer to the noise floor and I get an audible hiss. I have tried attenuating the signal before the amp, but there again, the signal is so weak that it goes down to the noise floor. 

Once again, your help is much appreciated, but I think I'll get a 10-20watt amp instead.