Negative Reviews

Deang

Most people will not leave negative reviews.

I think it's important that if someone is not happy with a product or service, that they be allowed to post about it.

I remember when I went through a rough period, there were several complaints (slow to communicate, inability to meet demand, etc.). These complaints showed up on the Forum, and I sure don't remember related threads being locked down!

Forum members have a right to know what's going on with services related to third party vendors.

I wish people would be more truthful about their experiences.

There's a very thin line between a negative review and this:

Public discussions concerning transactions or disagreements are not permitted. You must contact the seller directly.

Are you giving the product a bad review or complaining about the transaction?

I appreciate the OP giving the info.   I bet if someone posted that a Bose rep hung up on them everyone would be laughing and high fiving in the thread.    Now someone a little closer to home has a spat with a customer over product issues and we have to hide it?

Do not put much stock in negative reviews. When shopping for a product or service, I go by my instincts and the positive reviews. Has served me well. At times, some with an axe to grind, or more often, something to prove. Best for the parties to iron out their differences between themselves. A good pissing contest can be funny but, not so swell for the participants. A nice primal scream at times out in the woods, may be at times called for. If I had seen any negative reviews about crossover work, and had paid attention to them, I would not have gotten the good service, in a timely manner, and always with a good positive attitude towards the transaction, my Chorus networks refreshed/upgraded.

Whatever is right. Above my paygrade. Good fortune!

34 minutes ago, Deang said:

I didn't see a complaint about the actual transaction.

The complaint was about workmanship, and not sharing information about the purchased product.

We'll see.  It was against my better judgment but I unlocked the previous thread.  Hopefully the subject matter will remain on the product itself.

21 minutes ago, Deang said:

The complaint was about workmanship, and not sharing information about the purchased product.

OK, maybe, maybe, the workmanship was lacking.  That is always a possibility.  However, let's remember that Justin has been a stellar member of this forum for a long time, and I cannot remember a single negative comment about his products in those years.  I have dealt with Justin, and purchased his products, and he has been nothing but outstanding.  One single negative review, and the subsequent thread can spiral out of control, and ruin all of the overwhelming positives.

Not sharing info about the purchased product?  Cmon, if it's info the builder cannot share due to confidentiality, or the manufacturer does not want to share, then IMO, that's just too bad.  Do you think Sony or Samsung or Apple is going to share their technology with you, just because you bought their product?  Uh, no.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

One single negative review, and the subsequent thread can spiral out of control, and ruin all of the overwhelming positives.

We have to chase CSI numbers here at work as well.  We need ten 100's to make up for one 0.  It's just a fact of doing business.  If someone gives us a 0 for the service I provided then I've failed somewhere.

34 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

We have to chase CSI numbers here at work as well.  We need ten 100's to make up for one 0.  It's just a fact of doing business.  If someone gives us a 0 for the service I provided then I've failed somewhere.

Yes Morgan, I know Beaumont is a long way to go for an oil change.. but I've just got to $#%)(* with Carl today.

53 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

We'll see.  It was against my better judgment but I unlocked the previous thread.  Hopefully the subject matter will remain on the product itself.

I'm not sure which to commend - your better judgement or our ability to stay on track?! How's 'bout both ?!! 

If the specs aren't there, don't buy.  Don't rant and stay on the subject making sense and providing the information to the forum will help it work itself out.

If there is a problem with quality do the same.  The threads stink when there are rants that don't make sense.  Nonsensical rants turn folks off and get threads locked quicker than rants that make sense.  Probably these will get locked too as explained earlier in this thread.

PLEASE READ MY REPLY RE BUYER BEWARE. The buyer is FOS. There was no error in the networks. He has called me and ALK asking questions very specific to reverse engineering the product. He is pissed I stoped taking his calls. The Crossover works correctly, ALK stoped answer calls re design specifics. I followed suit and now he is pissy.

A simple call or email to me would have shed light on this issue. I in general bend over backwards to make sure customers become friends. This was not possible in this instance. He wanted the schematic and other specific info I was not prepared to provide. Had he requested the info during his purchase I would have declined the transaction. 

People often say that, but a casual glance at any reviewable product typically shows a multitude of positive reviews/comments in relationship to the negative.

I think a person should be permitted to voice dissatisfaction, while at the same time allowing for a response from the vendor -- then you can lock the thread.

Like I mentioned to Carl yesterday -- businesses/vendors aren't allowed to use the Garage Sale section to sell their products, so why should their customers be bound by Garage Sale rules?

As has been pointed out in the past, this entire site is filled with promotion and reviews. Most people are happy with the thing they buy, and they waste no time coming on here to tell everyone about it.

No offence to the crossover gurus, but having a crossover in front of you will make you realize the specific schematic isn't rocket science. Still a pain to draw out. When one then want to make circuit/crossover point and design changes it isn't up to the designer/manufacturer/builder to tell you how to do it. Just like Craig won't give you his designs, or Mark Deneen.

I have no problem with a negative review, as long as one stays with the facts. Like Dean said... took a long time to get it built, answering emails... Those are legit. Don't like the sound... still legit, even if very subjective.

Bruce