Netherlands 17.0 95.7% 64.5% 38.8%
Hong Kong 16.8 93.2% 61.1% 37.8%
Switzerland 16.7 93.6% 62.1% 37.5%
Latvia 16.7 92.5% 54.1% 37%
Finland 16.6 91% 57.4% 34.4%
Denmark 16.1 94.3% 60.1% 37.7%

Update: Top 10 Average Internet Speeds Comparison - Q3 2016

17 minutes ago, Ole Dollar said:

Just to throw in my two cents, you do realize the Net Neutrality was enacted only about two years ago. The Internet has been around decades - Right?

That's true, but no one thought to put limits on it before then.....another example of Big Brother sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

That's true, but no one thought to put limits on it before then.....another example of Big Brother sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong.

Just wait, we'll all have internet meters attached to our houses just like the electric and water meters. 

Mark

Hope spec um didn't take over where your are.

On Demand on the tv is sporadic, a folder with fifteen tabs I have to wait for now. 300MB/s used to open all of them right after the click when twc was in charge here. I've given up getting satisfaction from them. They come out connect to their favorite site and say we're good......

The digging for Google Fiber is three blocks one direction and about five the other from where the two closest fiber-huts are. I've heard about all the problems from previous cities, but I'll welcome that as an improvement here in jim&tammyland!

6 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

35 down and 6 up.  Plenty good for what we use it for.  Never have a problem with Netflix, Spotify or any other service.  You guys are paying too much for what you really need.

My numbers are from here at work.  I'm sure my internet speed at home is much slower.

AT&T, Verizon and others -- have already committed to not creating fast lanes, blocking sites without adding on fees for access, etc. We'll see.

I think people are overreacting.

As for speed/bandwidth -- it just depends on where you live. The U.S. might not be doing as well on the whole as a country like South Korea -- but here in Kettering, Ohio -- I have fiber coming into my house with a fiber modem. I'm getting 20ms/330Mbps.

In the evening, everyone in the house is streaming (five devices).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

35 down and 6 up.  Plenty good for what we use it for.  Never have a problem with Netflix, Spotify or any other service.  You guys are paying too much for what you really need.

Agree!

My provider is Suddenlink and they are weasels!  I had 50/5 and after I complained new customers were being charged $50 for what I have to pay $140 (internet + HD cable) they "upgraded" me to what they said was the minimum speed 200/20.  Every time I call or Chat they give me a different story.

I think for streaming 15 mbps recommended.  My 200 mbs service is way more than I need.  I just can't get less and there is no competition in my area so unless I want DLS at 5 mbs I have no alternative.