Brief review of Pro-ject VCS record cleaner

jimjimbo

http://project-audio.com/main.php?prod=vc-s

Purchased this last week to replace my highly manual Spin-Clean vinyl cleaning system, which (to me) just takes too damn long to clean and dry a record.  I've purchased a bunch of vinyl in the last 2 years which has just languished for want of cleaning and cataloging.....Now, that's changed.

This is a vacuum type cleaning machine that has gotten tons of great reviews since release.

The system is well packaged, and setup is extremely simple.    Comes with cleaning solution concentrate which needs to be diluted with distilled water, a brush for applying the solution and a clamp to hold the record on the machine.  Machine can rotate in both forward and reverse, which increases the cleaning efficiency.  The vacuum arm and motor are quite powerful.  Cleaning efficiency is increased if you warm the solution prior to application, and also let it sit on the record for 20 seconds or so before starting the vacuum.  I tested it on several quite dirty "bargain bin" records, and it worked very well.  Once you get the routine down, it should take no more than 2 minutes to load, clean, and vacuum both sides.  I've only cleaned about 20 records up till now, but so far it's working well.

• 2 weeks later...