' 89 LaScalas - Have decided not to sell. Thanks.

Deang

This is shameful, I don't even know what year they are!

Bruce, help me out here...

These sound really nice, honest, and they're in very nice shape.

John Allen mid-drivers, Fastrac LaScala horns, and a very special pair of Crites tweeters.

Type A crossovers built with over the top great parts.

Local pick up, will not ship. $1500.00

Specifics regarding the networks:

Jantzen Superior-Z capacitors at the primary position. This is a fully protected capacitor, and will outlive any user. They sound great.

https://b2b.parts-express.com/jantzen-audio-68uf-800v-z-superior-capacitor--027-494

The tweeter capacitors are Jupiter Copper Foils.

http://www.soniccraft.com/product_info.php/jupiter-copper-foil-22uf-100vdc-p-4683

UT 3670 wax impregnated autoformers and 14 AWG air core low pass coils.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:15 PM, Deang said:

My listening areas are small, and the LaScalas are complete overkill.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I would say they are solid 7.5s.

How far back do you sit from the LS's?  I'm about 12 feet and my Belle's sound great from there...even with the lower bass.  Those Forte 3's seem to need to come out from the wall a fair distance to allow the passive to breathe more.  I had trouble with KLF-30's needing that because of the rear ports and they didn't work so they were sold.  I contemplated buying a set of Forte 3's since I can get them for below cost from about a half dozen dealers I know over a 5 state area but after the SQ of KLF's having to come off the wall, I scrapped that idea.  I'm thoroughly happy with my Belle's now.  :)

• Like 1

This is very hard. My son really wants the LaScalas. I think he's expecting me to die soon. :)

I need to speak with Roy before I do anything.

My LaScalas sound outstanding (when I play them).

I just received an offer of $1300, which I can't do. Yowza, I've got $400 in parts in just the networks.

I actually still owe Dave Harris for the horns -- though I'm not 100% sure whether he cares or not. I suppose I should call him.

I will send the Allen drivers back to Bob, and put the dual phase plug K-55-Vs back in.

Both the horns and drivers were sent to me -- but money has been very tight.

I think before I do anything -- I really need to contact Roy.

No -- I'm not going to give these away. I'm perfectly fine with the idea of keeping them.

• Like 2

If you are lucky, I am talking diligently fortunate, you MIGHT find a STOCK pair of LaScalas in GOOD condition for 1300 bucks up here.

You certainly would not find the host of upgrades offered by Dean at this price anywhere else.

Anyone out there in Klipschland who has never owned LaScalas and is on the fence would be well advised to JUMP immediately on these.

LaScalas ARE game changers if you have never experienced their impact.

This is an insanely “fair” price.

WORST case scenario - you audition them for a while and sell them for what you paid IF you aren’t blow away by them.

Do you think I could fit these on a Greyhound bus? It would be cheaper than shipping!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Deang said:

This is very hard. My son really wants the LaScalas. I think he's expecting me to die soon. :)

I just received an offer of $1300, which I can't do. Yowza, I've got $400 in parts in just the networks.

I actually still owe Dave Harris for the horns -- though I'm not 100% sure whether he cares or not. I suppose I should call him.

I will send the Allen drivers back to Bob, and put the dual phase plug K-55-Vs back in.

No -- I'm not going to give these away. I'm perfectly fine with the idea of keeping them.

Glad you figured out the year. I would love to have them, too, but I hardly ever get to sit and listen. They sound good, even with the K400 horns. Man, I loved those speakers... I can understand why your son wants them.

Bruce

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:33 PM, Deang said:

You're repeating yourself

:D:D:D

Mark