' 89 LaScalas - Have decided not to sell. Thanks.

Deang

5 minutes ago, Deang said:

Yes. It's a gift.

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You should probably think about returning it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  LOL That's hilarious!!

Is that a LUXMAN R-117 I see under the television?  Is that part of the "secret sauce" that makes the La Scala's sing?  I've always wanted one of those!  Beautiful looking speakers.  Keep them!  You win, someone else who was slow, loses.  dee.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deang said:

I didn't.

It relates to scale and simple physics.

This nails it. Just last week I had Quartets and LaScalas' pulled out after a steady diet of Jubes. Same First Watt F3 amp. Now I know Quartets  aren't new Fortes' but indeed use Roy's Tractrix horns. The quickness and Scale of the LS eats up the Q's. By the same token the Scale of the Jubes ate up the LS. 

47 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Then K-horns should eat up F3's then.  I didn't find that to be the case. 

Ummmm, really?  Were we in the same room?  The F3's were nice, however, sorry, but not even close to the Khorns.

BTW, could someone talk them into using something other than the Eagles as a demo?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Ummmm, really?  Were we in the same room?  The F3's were nice, however, sorry, but not even close to the Khorns.

BTW, could someone talk them into using something other than the Eagles as a demo?

Totally disagree.   They weren't level matched so the k horns were louder.   The k horns got the edge in bass only imo.  When we listened to the F3s all I heard was the music.  When I heard the k horns all I heard was the mid horn.  I wasn't alone in that sentiment either.

4 hours ago, Deang said:

Really, Bruce just drove them up (very nice of him), and they went straight into the basement. I then did a few things to them -- and they sound outstanding.

IMG_0024.JPG

They sounded very good before your upgrades, even with the k400. I can only imagine how they sound with your additions. To be honest, if I had the cash I would have been in the car on my way to pick them up. No disrepect meant toward Roy, even if the Forte III is better, the LS is a very unique speaker. Being fully horn loaded makes it very special, even with its drawbacks. As others have said, I also regret selling them when I did. The only saving grace for me is that I have a beater pair with all the parts. i only need the time to put them back together...

There are certainly more important things tnan speakers to fight over.

Have a Blessed Christmas, everyone. Since I'm not at home, I think I'll go downstairs and listen to the niece's B&Ws. :P

Bruce

12 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Totally disagree.   They weren't level matched so the k horns were louder.   The k horns got the edge in bass only imo.  When we listened to the F3s all I heard was the music.  When I heard the k horns all I heard was the mid horn.  I wasn't alone in that sentiment either.

I think you had already ingested a few slushies by then.