Please Help! Speaker set up assistance needed

Natalie

Hello, I have a two Klipsch Icon KF-26 tower speakers and a Subwoofer (SW 350). Please recommend a receiver (brand & type) for me to happily play these three pieces in my living room. I will be playing music only, no gaming or TV. I don't understand speaker world specs. Is a $1,000 max budget realistic?

Don't be confused by the speaker specs. The KF-26 plays very loud with little power so you won't need a lot-50 watts per channel will be fine. I also think your $1k budget is WAY more than you need to spend.

I like NAD and Yamaha products, so I recommend looking for models that are 2 channel with the power level I recommend, and you'll be fine. Select the integrated amp with the power level you need, and add a tuner if you listen to FM radio.

Looks like with NAD  you'll have to get separate integrated amp, and tuner as they don't appear to sell receivers now.

The NAD 316BEE is a good choice for an integrated amp at under $400. Add the C 427 Tuner if you need FM.

From Yamaha, try the R-S300. Yamaha equipment will cost less than the NAD regardless of whether you choose a receiver or amp/tuner.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Peter P. said:

Looks like with NAD  you'll have to get separate integrated amp, and tuner as they don't appear to sell receivers now.

They do but the least expensive AVR model(T748V2) starts at $599.99, which is great for 2.1 music.  As far as stereo receivers, you are correct to look elsewhere or go with a stereo integrated amp which will excel at stereo/2.1 music.

I do suggest getting one of Yamaha's, Onkyo/Integra's networking stereo receivers which will have a subwoofer output, networking capabilities, tuner, internet radio, spotify, pandora, wireless, plenty of power, and fall way below your $1000.00 budget.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/intdtm407/integra-dtm-40.7-2-x-80-watts-networking-stereo-receiver/1.html

The above Integra model is the newer model of the one I owned for about four years and it never failed to amaze me with it's capabilities and sound quality.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrn602bl/yamaha-r-n602-2-ch-x-80-watts-networking-stereo-receiver/1.html

The Yamaha above is currently out of stock at A4Less but they seem to replenish their stock pretty quickly.

Bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

A lot of us on here have been enjoying our Pioneer Elite D3 series receivers.  Excellent for music!

I have to agree here.  Plenty of power and runs cool.  Does not sound as bright as some of the other pairings of equipment.

The Pioneer Elite low end model would be great with good warranty and good sound under $1K