Anthem Mrx -1120

Charles M

I don't know anything about that receiver other than the fact that it has ARC which I love.  Anthem is a sound quality first company that was into audio way before they were into video.  I have 2 of their pieces of gear and they have performed flawlessly for over 10 years which to me is amazing considering the complexity of the pre/pro.  I've never had to even do a reset on it.  I believe they're made north of the border by you as well.

Never heard it but will tell you that the MRX 1120 and it's brother pre/pro AVM 60 are on my short list if I ever have to replace my NAD pre/pro.  Just like NAD, Anthem is a music first kind of company.  As mentioned above, ARC is great and has few rivals.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ya I believe I will picked this up in the new year .

I was thinking about the Onkyo TX-RZ1100 

and  the Marantz SR7011 plus the 

Yamaha Aventage RX-A3070  

but what I hear is that the Anthem is above these guys for sound and well built. 

I hope because I will be spending a few extra dollars then what the others cost . 

13 hours ago, charles m said:

So it would also be great for movies 🎥 

Absolutely.  Considering Anthem's success with their preamp/processors and ARC and the solid reputation they have enjoyed for several years with those pre/pros, I think they have gotten the movie thing down pat.

Bill

• Thanks 1

Interested in your feedback because I am in the same boat.  I have a 17 year old Yamaha AVR that I use as a pre-amp for HT only.  It just won't die although I do think it is starting to go now finally.  Anthem is interesting not only because of ARC but because it is one of the few AVR manufacturers that offers a true analog signal path with their 'analog direct' mode.  However, in their FAQ, they basically say it's not really needed because analog-digital-analog conversion is transparent and offers all the benefits of ARC, bass management, and signal processing.

• Thanks 1