**No longer for sale** Juicy Music Blueberry Extreme with Cream

rplace

This is no longer for sale. Its developed a problem. I'm deciding what to do next with it. If anyone is interested in it for repair please contact me via PM.

It has been a while but from memory this BBX has it all. First and foremost the REMOTE ;). I'm really not an in the weeds guy that knows transistors, capacitors, resistance, ohms, or even AC vs DC. I just recall everyone loving the BB and its progression to the BBX in the mid-2000s. So at the time and made the leap of faith saying put the best sounding everything in it. It has the Cream option for low output moving coil cartridges and that is all I've ever hooked up to it. I don't think anything except phono1 has ever had anything connected to it. Well that and the Pre-Out.

Please ask any and all questions and I'll do my best to answer. I am by no means a tube rolling guy. I asked around what were the quietest, most musical tubes and they too have been in it all along. For the last 7 or 8 years it has been sitting with very little use. Maybe used 5 times a year for a couple of hours. In August my work situation changed and I've had a lot more time to get back into quality music - not just noise in the background while cooking and doing the dishes. So for the 3-4 months it has probably seen an hour or so of use 2-3 times a week on average. My point in all of this is, for its age the preamp has seen very little use. So now you know the history here is what I'm offering up.

• Blue Berry Xtreme Preamp with LOMC Cream option in Phono 1
    • If you don't know.  The Cream options is as I understand it is a step up transformer to raise the low output of a MC phono cartridge to a usable level. You don't need to buy a separate phono stage. Phono 2 on the BBX will work perfectly with a MM phono cartridge. So you can actually run two turntables if you like off the same preamp.
  • Black steel case
  • Walnut Dovetailed wooden case
  • Remote
  • Owners manual
  • 2 complete sets of tubes

I've only ever used the tubes that are currently in it. I think it is a mix of NOS and new. Here is what is in it and sounds really, really sweet.

• Amprex 12AT7 pretty sure this is an old NOS tube (not "N" any longer just OS) that really makes the phono part do its magic
  • Electro-Harmonix 12AX7 Made in Russia
  • Electro-Harmonix 12AT7 Made in Russia
  • Electro-Harmonix 6H30 Made in Russia
  • RCA 12X4 I think this was a NOS tube back in the day as well. Says Made in USA, old faded writing and the pins are not shiny and new like the Russian/Yugoslavian tubes are.

These are the extra tubes I'll include in the sale. I believe these are what they came with from Juicy Music when new

• Ei 12AX7EG Made in Yugoslavia (New I think)
  • Ei 12AT7EG Made in Yugoslavia (New I think)
  • EI 6DJ8EG Made in Yugoslavia (New I think)
  • USA 12X4 RCA DK (NOS I think)
  • JAN 12AT7WC Philips ECG8826 AJM 34167 USA it possibly could be 94167 USA (NOS I think)

I'll say that I doubt you could find one with less hours on it. The thing looks new to me inside. Since arriving in the house it has been in a 4-shelf rack for most of its life and recently out more in the open on top of an LP case. I always liked the looks of the glowing tubes so it rarely had either the steel top on it or the wooden case. In the entire time I've used it the only problem I had was it blew a fuse one time switching form standby to play. That has never happened again.

$1250 and we can work out the details of payment, shipping, etc via PM. I'm willing to work/ship just about anyway you please. I'd like to see this go to a good home. If you have been on the fence about tubes this would be a great way to test the waters without a 2nd mortgage.

More pix to follow...

5a395349a7878_IMG_20171219_112309207(Medium).thumb.jpg.f9f53e2982fea984872ad86aa556006e.jpg

5a395352f02f8_IMG_20171219_112327897(Medium).thumb.jpg.e5f5fe918074878351b08c142a9b549c.jpg

Thanks guys and a bump to TTT. Open to reasonable offers and partial trades. I'm not looking for anything specifically but always fun to get something different/new to play with. Not interested in any speakers at this time.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, JMON said:

Would you consider selling just the wooden case?

Note:  My inquiry is out there in case there is anyone that may not be interested in the wooden case that would prefer a lower-priced preamp!

PM back. I have an offer but lower than I am willing to take. Would be nice if we can make it work. 

This is a remarkable pre amp and performs way above the price asked! Also , it appears that this unit has been upgraded to use the 6H30 tube in place of the 6DJ8 which was the case in the original design. The 6H30 "super tube" is readily available new and is quiet and remarkable. Yes the 6DJ8 is great as well, but you may need to search for a non microphonic example. Just saying that this is a great preamp that someone should jump on!!

Thanks @joshnich I agree it punches well above its weight class. It really is a great preamp in fantastic condition. It's been a while so I could be wrong on the history, but IIRC it is the Xtreme model that has the 6H30 tube. Mine was never upgraded, it came that way. I think, again its been a while, Juicy Music did upgrades on the regular BBX and lots of people had that done. Minor point but just wanted to be clear that. @BNR_1 I'm the 2nd owner. The original buyer only had it for about 6 months if I remember correctly. I bought it from that owner, had it sent directly to Mark to have the LOMC step up added, the "Cream" (about a $500 addition), and Mark gave it a through going over. I've had it ever since.

Any additional questions please fire away!