need suggestion stereo receiver for rf82

fahad1993

I am a big fan of the older H-K gear but not the new stuff.

From some of the reviews I've read they are under powered

and cheaply made. I've looked at them and would not buy them.

I went to accessories4less and bought a refurbished Denon

and am very happy with th sound quality and performance

of this unit.  And I saved a lot of money.

Here is a couple of examples to consider.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/marsr5011/marantz-sr5011-7.2-ch-x-100-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrx1400h/denon-avr-x1400h-7.2-ch-x-80-watts-networking-a/v-receiver-w/heos/1.html

these 2 brands sound great---look here for a good deal.

1 hour ago, rebuy said:

I am a big fan of the older H-K gear but not the new stuff.

From some of the reviews I've read they are under powered

and cheaply made. I've looked at them and would not buy them.

+1

i have a 70's Harman Kardon 730 twin, which is an incredibly great sounding receiver, especially with Klipsch speakers.  the Twin refers to twin transformers; one for each channel.  I retired it to a bedroom, but will never get rid of it.  it's too handsome and sounds too good.  pulls in FM amazingly well. 

4 minutes ago, mr clean said:

Yamaha is another to consider. Or outlaw maybe? 

those Outlaw 2 channel receivers are intriguing.  never heard one myself, but their products seem great.

@fahad1993, what is your budget and connection requirements?  have you considered used receivers at all? 

I'm a HK owner and fan, but stay away from the 3770 or any HK past 2005 IMO.  The 82ii's which I also used to own are very efficient and can be powered by almost any AVR or receiver.  If for two cannel only and no video check craigslist for a modest avr or int amp.

I used to drive a pair with an old Hk3490 . They cost next to nothing used and they are decent little receivers. 

If going new, check out something like the Yamaha RS-700 or the Onkyo TX8270. Just to mention a few decent options. Stay away from the new HK gear.

I don't like receivers in general though. Why not just get a stereo integrated and some standalone box with network playback, Spotify, Tidal and internet radio?

Well really need a little more information. What you want to spend ...what are your goals stay 2channel or go avr??

But   you cant go wrong with HK430.730.930.........Emotiva has good separates.....I got a Integra AVR from accessories4less comes with 2 year warranty. 

If you get receiver with pre-outs you can add more power with a better amp later. A lot of choices depending on what you want to end up with.