Stud Finders - What are you using

tigerwoodKhorns

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, moray james said:

for finding studs most girls use a one size too small LBD (little black dress) heels and a perfume made primarily of liquid estrogen. Merry Christmas guys & gals.

Merry Christmas to you also.

Your right, but a big problem these days is most would want to do a credit check first. Many seem to have the attitude of, what can you do for me ? Glad I have been married for over 39 years, well until sometimes I look at a really nice LBD. :o:unsure:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Coytee said:

Here's the one I bought that seems to work very nice (for me). 

https://www.zircon.com/tools/multiscanner-hd900-onestep/

Zircon.jpg

Does it actually sense pipes and wires accurately?  I have an old Zircon where the audio beep went out in the mid 1990's but the led's still work. 

• 10 months later...
18 minutes ago, Rivervalleymgb said:

I use a Walabot attached to an Android phone.

How well does it work?

I bought three stud finders, one of the large ones with 13 or so LEDS, a smaller one like the above zircon that detects wires, studs, etc. and a magnetic one.  Between the three they do very well.  I am surprised at how well the magnetic one works.  Great for finding drywall screws and removing them so that drywall can be removed in large sheets. 

for what it's worth, I never use a stud finder... just an 8 penny nail and a hammer, followed with some mud... A hole saw works good for site's unseen... I've been known to hit 20 nailhole's between 2 stud's, on some project's lol

Are you doing the hardwood wall panel project mentioned several months ago... I remember that topic, as I had just started with the forum, along with my loft ...

IMG_2588.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

How well does it work?

I bought three stud finders, one of the large ones with 13 or so LEDS, a smaller one like the above zircon that detects wires, studs, etc. and a magnetic one.  Between the three they do very well.  I am surprised at how well the magnetic one works.  Great for finding drywall screws and removing them so that drywall can be removed in large sheets. 
Takes a lot of practice. The measuring on a scan isn't perfect. Still getting used to it myself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk