This is a Cool Idea

thebes

From Rickie Lee Jones website. Three playable and downloadable for free takes on some Christmas classic songs.

Playback quality of the first two is poor, but her version of "Oh Holy Night" is killer.

Cool way to share the warmth of the season by sharing your special talent with others. 

http://www.rickieleejones.com/

• Thanks 1

I will be checking that out Travis. Big fan of his music and his dedication to fidelity.

It's a bit off the point though. I'm pretty sure at least two of Rickie's three cuts are one-offs recorded for just this occasion.

ie, not a Christmas song album, but a seasonal gift.

20 minutes ago, JohnA said:

I hear a beautiful voice trying to break out of a whisky-addled "style".  It's a crushing shame, too.

Maybe just a little bit too critical John.  Remember, if I've got this right these haven't been polished up in a studio for months on end.

If you know her discography like I do (yes, I'm a big fan) you will realize that she is not afraid to experiment, with its corresponding rewards and disappointments.

But maybe your missing the point, which is a talent offering up a gift in line with the spirit of the season. Sure, it could be some cold marketing ploy, but if I stripped away the wonder of everything the world would be even more depressing and cruel that it already is.

Time of the year aside, we all do nice things all the time for no thought of remuneration. Since I love music, I can only hpe that groups and singers out there are giving a gift, which I'm certain makes them feel good at the same time.

• Like 1