Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 questions

Lorenzai

Hi there, I'm new to the forums. I have some questions about the Promedia 2.1 speakers. I've been looking them over for an xmas present (for myself) and I have read a lot of stuff on various forums about them. There are a few things that concern me about them. There are a lot of posts out there saying that the old original version with the detachable cables and the power switch is the one you want to have. It supposedly has a better amplifier and in general is better built and sounds better. Can anyone clarify whether or not this is actually the case? I've seen the pictures of the amps and they have for sure been changed at least once over the years. If you know the reason for the changes, would you mind sharing? The other thing is that I've seen a large amount of posts regarding various component failures, but they tend to most often be isolated to the subwoofer/amplifier. Do these Promedia speakers have design flaws or quality/reliability issues that are just that common, or are the problems overblown?  When I get a pair of speakers I intend for them to last many years, the last thing I want to do is be buying something that's going to end up causing me grief.  For reference I have a pair of PM20 Groove 2.0 channel Klipsch speakers. They have been absolutely phenomenal in terms of sound quality for what they are. They're what turned me onto the brand in the first place. So in short - I just want to know that I won't be making a mistake purchasing this newer revised Promedia setup.

Thank you.