Just picked up a minty pair of Forte to add to the stable

efzauner

Adding to my confusion of Heresy and KLF20s..  Just picked up a almost mint pair of original Fortes!   $500 Canadian.  I had to jump on them! 

Now how to get them into the house and down to the basement with out the wife knowing....    Flowers, champagne and a spa gift certificates should do it!  

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/ouest-de-lile-qc/klipsch-fortes/1321970360?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Or just sneak them in.:ph34r::o

Good deal in that condition, hope you enjoy them. 

It took me 3 years to find 3 pair for HT, they don't come up for sale alot.

Stable full here, sending a pair to our daughters to free up space, and she needs some music in her house, they are remodeling an old house and just moved in a few weeks ago. 

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Or just sneak them in.:ph34r::o

Good deal in that condition, hope you enjoy them. 

It took me 3 years to find 3 pair for HT, they don't come up for sale alot.

Stable full here, sending a pair to our daughters to free up space, and she needs some music in her house, they are remodeling an old house and just moved in a few weeks ago. 

Got them down and listening now.  I like them.  Some where in between the Heresy and KLF20. But they to have the attack/edgyness that the KLFs seem to lack.  I will have do a side by side with the Hs. 

I passed on a pair of Forte IIs for $450C as they where really in bad shape. lots of veneer delam..  So when these came up I jumped on them. The poor guy has an entrance vestibule as his listening room.  

And good on the passing them down.  I gave my niece and her hubby an old pair of Heresy's and a Pioneer SA8500 and a TT as a house warming gift. He is happy!  

• Like 1

OK so lots of side by side  Forte vs (custom ported) Heresy.    Sound level around 90dB. Very close in tonal balance. The Fortes just a tad warmer and louder.  But @#*&%  again the Heresy win out on imaging. Voices are straight down the middle.  I close my eyes and listen to the entry chords of  song and focus down the middle and BANG the vocals are there. With the Fortes they are just more outboard.   Fortes a bit better than my KLF20s.  For most of my classic rock material the base is a wash between them.  Why are these Heresys that I got 15 years ago for $400Cdn so damn good?  I only have been listening to them lately...  basement storage since then.  Sort of like an old girlfriend that you see again and say "damn, shoulda never looked around, she was a keeper. "

Some pics of the Heresys.  The mods are a 29uF cap across the woofer (similar to Type E2? )  and a 3"diam x   2 1/4 " long port.  The drivers are k22EF (square magnet)  K55V and K77.  Some more internal bracing and putty on the horns that are front mounted.  The workmanship is amazing down to the silk screened front emblem and rear label. The builder also put in a multi level discrete switched L pad attenuator for mids and tweets. Some pics:

P1050920.JPG

P1050923.JPG

P1050921.JPG

P1050922.JPG

• Like 1