SOLD***Denon DVD-3910 $75

rplace

I'm the original owner. the player is just about perfect in every way. Great player, great sounding. It was the player to have back in the day. $75 + shipping. Now the fine print PLEASE read everything below.

I recently sold it on ebay for $150 the buyer claimed it would not work with a HDMI cable. I figured how could that be??? Stupid buyer, right? Took the return so now I am out shipping in both directions.

Started to play around with it today and sure enough HDMI does not work. Some internet searching shows that there were a few firmware update over the years. Then it dawned on me, my old Panasonic projector was S-Video, Component and Composite video but no HDMI. I apparently never used it with HDMI, just component video and digital coax out for SACD/DVD-A/Etc.

Denon does not have the firmware available on their web site, only current products. I did read on AVS forums or somewhere that they will work with you to get the firmware if you call/write Denon. I also found another forum where people discuss the lack of firmware and somebody posted it. Unfortunately you have to create an account to download it. Here is the link http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/239342-firmware-update-denon-dvd-3910-dvd-2900-enjoy.html

So if you are interested I'll sell it cheap but know that it probably won't put out video via HDMI. Unless you do the leg work to get the proper firmware. A bit of googling and you will see tons of people back in 2004-2005 needing to turn it off/on unplug/plug the cable, etc. to get HDMI working properly. With a non-HDMI projector I was never aware of the issue. Drop me a note if you want pictures. I've got the original box, manual, flawless remote and power cable.