Clean up the Garage?

What say ye ? All future posts in the Garage shall begin with the bold caps of either WTB or FS ??

Better yet make an In and Out box for simplified reading. i.e. separate For Sale items from WTB.

Now the final touch-Allow readers to delete items of no interest to them.

I am no web site expert. Perhaps this mod is beyond current technology?

Also, what is secret to  Adding a "SOLD" tag to something you post?

Even better,  move all Solds  into a different basket for those who need to determine

values or enjoy reading about the good stuff they missed.

If all four of these changes were to happen, this would be the fastest and easiest site

to look through I am aware of.  As it stands the best feature is the post by chronological date. After that

it the Ad reading gets a little awkward . Thank you for the consideration.

• Moderators

Hey Jeff I believe you have some good ideas, but we have to remember that this is a forum, that happens to have a section that we can sell items.  Klipsch Is providing this forum as a service and a benefit to this community.

To add SOLD To a thread, you simply click the edit button on the first post and edit the title.

I tend to put SOLD at the beginning and the end of the title as well as in the body of the title so that it’s very clear that it has been sold

• Like 1

If there is no interest, then the ad will sink away from the top and shouldn't be an issue. I have responded to and have had other who responded to old ads. Also, I think AK is trying to get away from a separate thread for sold items and letting people change the FS to SOLD in the title. 

I really like the idea of someone having to post it they are selling or looking to buy. It's too easy to state WTT, WTB FS, SOLD, FREE...as you suggested. I'd like to see it a step further by saying what's in the body of the ad. Rather than saying something such as "FS: speakers, WTB: amp or Free: nagging wife" I want to know a model before clicking on the ad.   

Yes, AK has a drop down in their listing for Barter Town that gives you choices for FS, WTB, WTT, etc., and also for SOLD once the deal is done.  Or, the poster can delete the thread entirely.  Pretty handy.  It doesn't matter to me here, though.  I typically go back and mark it as sold in the title.

image.png.f057766bd18d96d49e816324bce3d6d9.png

Agree with Tiger and Youth. This is a general Klipsch conversation forum with the separate thread option for selling gear, Klipsch related or not. I wouldn't expect KGI to tweak the Garage thread for the above reasons. I have sold Klipsch speakers and currently offer a couple amps that play nice with Klipsch speakers. I don't expect all the options with a auction site like AGon. And if and when items don't sell here then off they go to market, and for more $$$.

• Administrators
On 12/22/2017 at 8:03 AM, Youthman said:

we have to remember that this is a forum, that happens to have a section that we can sell items.  Klipsch Is providing this forum as a service and a benefit to this community.

Bingo.

There are enough rules. I appreciate the suggestions though.

• Like 1