KP-301 II

Dave A

Pictures later today. I bought a pair of KP-301 II's and KP-115 subs yesterday so new looking it was spooky. Brought them home and had a listen and wow. Recapped the crossovers in the 301 II's and these are clearly better than the 301's I have. They sound good enough that I am thinking do I keep the La Scala Pro's for the shop or these. The La Scalas have better punch but the 301's have better definition of a wider range of instruments and seem to have better stereo separation in my listening environment. Oh and bass to if I want it but nothing floor pounding deep but better than the La Scalas for sure.

• Like 1

I play my music out in the shop due to space, WAF and the volumes I like to play at sometimes. It is rare that my wife has anything good to say about "noise" that invades her house space from the shop. She commented on how nice the 301 II's sounded.  I bought these primarily for a guy who is setting up portable sound systems for fledgling bands to use. He does not know I have them and he may never get to hear them either. When I have people over to buy speakers they see the Industrial Pro La Scalas and I tell them you get to hear them AFTER you make up your mind on the speakers you came to see. I the 301's will also be in that category.

Why did you get rid of them?

Nice! Someday I'd like to check out the 301 II's but they never seem to pop up anywhere near me. I imagine the 396's are where its at, would still like to see those parts in a home style, Chorus sized / shape cabinet, I think I'd sell off all my speakers and parts to try and buy a pair of those if they ever materialized.. 

Yes. Well at least they came from Arkansas and the guy met me in Memphis so I did not have to drive all the way. Did the Ti diaphragms make a real difference? I am kind of thinking the magic here is the mid driver. Didn't realize the Chorus and 301's were within a few cubic inches cabinet volume.