Q about Belle grills

lilwing

I'm rather curious of this myself as I just finished building a pair of Belles which I need to build the bass bin grills for.  I've heard it was small screws located at the top and bottom of the outer pieces of the "V" on each side.  I could be mistaken, though.  Hopefully someone will chime in.

Edit:  I found  this from a fellow forum member, jorjen, from  2006 in this thread.

The Belle grille frames are held in place by screws that come down into them from the top section and come up into them from the bottom of the cabinet. If you remove the bottom cover(woofer access door/panel), you will see a line of screws that follow the path of the grille frame. Same from the top of the bass bin. Pretty easy. Just remember which grilles are which and the up or down orientation. Otherwise the screws are not going to line up with the screw holes during reassembly.

Hope this helps.

Well my motivation was to change the cloth. 

Perhaps (after removing the grills) I'll just build a new set with alternative fastening from the front like velcro or the double stick stuff.

BTW this begs the question. Do they have to be "V" shaped? How about flat and flush?

I've wondered if the V-shape might be an aesthetic design reminiscent of the Klipsch logo. 

I'm going to stay with the stock V shape. To me, that's the most aesthetically pleasing look unless the bass bins were veneered and then you could go one longer piece from outer edge to farther back in the bin on each side of the dog house. Similar to what @Matthews did on his La Scalas that @cincymat has now, I believe. But that's just my $.02. ;)