Now what?

vasubandu

18 hours ago, vasubandu said:

Ha ha @dmb12679.  My current system should be fabulous with that it cost new and coming from Paradigm, but it just has no presence.  So I am going for presence all the way.  And this new system is really affordable for what it is.  The RF-7, RC-7, RS-7, SVS SB2 Plus, and Yamaha RX-A2060 will cost me a total of $2,900.  

The same money would get me a  RP-250F, RP-440C, RP-240S, R-112SW  system from Klipsch.  That would be stepping down from 10" to 5.25" for the fronts.  This is all completely new to me and I am very excited to see where it goes.

i had rf52s and an rc52 in one theater.  in a large room i have rp160ms and the rest 5" drivers.

it is by no means certain or even true that bigger is better, just like new is not always better.

i would not change to rf7s in either of my theaters for free

once you learn to dial in a system well....especially a multisub system you quickly learn why big is not key

enough spl and consistent clear response is far more important

willand like many others loves his rf63s because they create a special experience....with 3 6" drivers

i built htm12s because the tweeter waveguide is 15" wide and creates more consistent response than any klipsch can do

the rp160ms have better high end response than any previous klipsch tweeter technology ive heard

you picked great speakers but my advice is size is not the only characteristic

getting good deals is the key so u can change whenever u want without losing a lot of $$$$$

@RoboKlipsch I think you nailed it when you talked about dialing in a system and maybe someday I will get to that point.  I get what you mean by size and new is not always better - easy to overdo things.  But for me right now, it will give me a bigger target to hit the "good" zone and I am not even trying to hit the "awesome" zone.  I would love to hear your system just to see what can be done.